Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

good idea???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jordan

I am at the stage where i work 6 days a week earn £600 a week started from scratch(18 months ago)

I guess its early to take someone on as im still using ladders the traditional way but i'm a bit stuck for changing to poles as 50% want me because of the traditional route.

I have had an idea (my friend working for me)

Have asked him to work for me as self employed 2 days a week 5 hours a day £10 an hour to start off

he's getting a car soon i said i will pay his petrol and me and him will advertise 2 new areas so he can start to build up a small round slowly

-My idea is to buy a RO system for my house water and buy him a trolley system and poles spend about £1000 then he can fill up 10X25 litre containers

We trust each other and have a great relationship i have said to him if he wants to move on will have to wait 3 months

i just feel like i can get him the work easily i will be advertising constantly!

thanks just wanted ADVICE on THIS is there anything i HAVE MISSED?? THANKS

legally for him he has to own the gear for him to be self employed then its up to you as the so called contractor to agree a cost in hiring him in but why so little time does he work already ??? why u not get him out canvassing

hi jordan great to see someone with plenty of drive,

imo £10 per hour is over the top remember your making £100 per day I take it your going to have to train him up.

I think your putting pressure on yourself at that rate plus paying fuel

why dont you build your round up, get plenty work , then take your mate on

jordan i have mate works 5am until 10.30 great worker really keen worked all time at start

down to three days knackered now, the gd point is he is used to extra cash so wont throw towel in

Yes i guess i should be transferring all my customers to poles getting as much work as i can and waiting.But hes a good lad and young so sounds real keen ,also to me it sounds challenging to get him progressing as well as me and i love business challenges i want that great feeling of success!

As an alternative to employing why not go wfp to speed you up, then when your full again put your prices up and lose a few.

maximise what you can do yourself before employing?

just a thought

Latest Posts

Back