Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gutter vac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mark

have already got a gutter vac with poles etc.but looking at one of the 3000w vacs on a trolley.the inlet is important as it needs to be 50mm.

the one ive seen similar is a klarstein on ebay.tuffers can you tell me the diameter of the inlet & how are youi getting on with it.does it take up a lot of room in your motor?

the one ive seen similar is a klarstein on ebay.tuffers can you tell me the diameter of the inlet & how are youi getting on with it.does it take up a lot of room in your motor?
It has 2"/51mm inlet, 1000w x3 motors. I find it a PITA tbh. I have the alloy poles and when you have 6 of them connected up it's freekin hard work and even when they are clamped right up they don't seem stable to me. I'm thinking of getting carbon poles for it, but can't justify forking out £415 for 7 poles ATM. I'm not that impressed with what it sucks up either, it always seems to leave stuff behind.

the gutter sucker cuff would fit that machine tuffers.its not sucking up very well because of the u bend you've got with that package.the vac looks ok to me infact its similar to the one im going to buy.try the gutter sucker set,you get the hose 44mm,poles & tools.try the silicon half bend on the end of your pole.you then push the tool of your choice in.its car tubing.you can get it on ebay or amazon

got my degrees wrong m8.anyway I find this better to work with & quicker n easier to clean.you can get it anywere & its cheap.

yes its 135 degree elbow hose
clear.png

Hi mark, myself personal I wouldn't recommend 3000w on trolley, not unless you are doing commercial jobs with large areas to work, I find it was too hard getting it around people's home espcially if there terraced with no back entrance, for what you lose in suction (not much imo) compared to how easy it is to more I would stick with a 1400w 20-30l size vac. Carbon fibre poles are a must. Check out sky vacs new smaller machine the Atom. Think I'm going to get that. Just my opinion mate

Mines a 1400w & does the trick no problem. Don't leave owt behind. Do see Tuffers point tho with the poles. When I'm 20ft up it is hard work on the arms & always worry one pole is gonna fall.

Got a smaller vac too, does the job just fine. Heavy and awkward enough when full at 30-40ltrs, any bigger and it would be a pain in the **** to move around on gravel and to suitable emptying spots. It would also take far too long and too much effort to repay the 2 grand price tag unless had alot of commercial work booked in. The extra suction could make things quicker and easier maybe, but I would then feel bad charging for like ten minutes work :whistle:

I got a skyvac atom a couple of weeks ago and it does the job very well.

It has been powerful enough to handle the few jobs I have had to do with it and the carbon fiber poles are brilliant and easy to handle. Also I can confirm that the ones I received weigh exactly 325g.

My plan once I get a few more gutter jobs is to buy a 3000w 70+ litre vacuum which anyone can get new for under 400 squid thus having the light poles and tools with 3000w of suction power. It would take a lot for me to be able to justify the additional 1500+ for the top of the range Skyvac at this point

Mark I've got the atom too. Maybe I need to gp slightly slower or do two passes where possibly the mega 3,000w one with slightly wider poles would suck it straight up, possibly, but I can leave this one in the van as its smaller/lighter and so that suits me fine. I'm so happy I didn't get a big beast and I can't really see myself upgrading to one I need to take in and out and drag about over rough ground really.

Must admit I go over mine twice but still only takes 10 to 15 mins.

Did 5 jobs yesterday with it. Cleaned them all out a treat.

Back