Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting to dread getting the squeegee out...

Jake

It's got to the point now where the thought of tradding is like a form of slavery,

I still trad some houses, but the low sun and seeing the lines, detailing, wiping the ledge blah blah, is really not enjoyable anymore, not to mention how long it takes....:rolleyes:

Has Anyone else who's wfp started to feel like this? It's such a drag having to get the ladders off now, used to not mind it, but now I'm finding wfp is being used for nearly all my houses...

A year ago wfp was being used for maybe 75%, now more like 99%

Wfp is just so much easier and faster, it's like night and day

I love to trad but wfp is a lot easier

Won't trad tops nowadays but bottoms i do sometimes

I love to trad but wfp is a lot easierWon't trad tops nowadays but bottoms i do sometimes
I don't know how you still do that dave, if you've already got the wfp out and working, why bother tradding the bottoms, just means you've got to carry the squeegee etc with you, and the bucket etc...

I just find it so boring now, takes so much longer than wfp, makes me moody doing lol!

That's a criminal offence Dave!

Looks good though, nice and neat,

Stil wouldn't trad bottoms though!

Yeah wfp is quicker but I find getting my ladders out a lot quicker then getting the hose out, dragging it round the back then reeling it back in. I find setting up for trad quicker then setting up for wfp but quicker cleaning with wfp.

WHAT ABOUT INSIDE WINDOWS ISNT THAT ALL DONE TRAD ? MOST WORK HERE IS PRICED INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL. SOME TIMES EXTERNAL ONLY.FIRST CLEANS HERE CAN MEAN LOTS OF MOULD COBWEBS ETC ON INTERNAL FIRST CLEANS.

Yeah wfp is quicker but I find getting my ladders out a lot quicker then getting the hose out, dragging it round the back then reeling it back in. I find setting up for trad quicker then setting up for wfp but quicker cleaning with wfp.
I find he opposite posh, quicker opening the rear door and pulling the hose out, than faffing about with ladders

i had silly idea in my head to trad bottoms to save waterlasted couple of hours

god was i sick just took ages
Yeah it's not worth it unless you haven't got much water onbord

WHAT ABOUT INSIDE WINDOWS ISNT THAT ALL DONE TRAD ? MOST WORK HERE IS PRICED INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL. SOME TIMES EXTERNAL ONLY.FIRST CLEANS HERE CAN MEAN LOTS OF MOULD COBWEBS ETC ON INTERNAL FIRST CLEANS.
No cos' in the uk we don't do insides as standard, I maybe do one inside clean every 2 weeks on average, it's pretty much all outside windows here in the uk,

But yeah, of course for inside work I use trad, but that's not really relevant as I'm talking about day to day work on outside windows...

I know what your saying Jake. I mainly do big posh houses, all wfp, but had 2 long roads that were terraced houses and difficult to park so done them trad. I spotted another windy near by, spoke to him and he has now bought that work of me. Nothing wrong with trad, but why work twice as hard for no reason

Depends if you enjoy it or not

Polzn Bladz is wfp tops with van mount but trads bottoms for the same reason..

Sometimes i play his no detailing game and try to go all day without needing to detail which livens things up a bit rather than just waggling my brush

Other times i just wfp everything depending on mood

i picked up a nce job 3 story very nce price but the 2 top bay windows boath leaked an water gushed in custmer had to put a towel down just to finish it blady nte mare next time ill trad it i dont mind trading the odd high job or some high end wrk as long as its safe i think trad sutes some jobs beta i luv wfp and its defo quicker and easer 99 percent of the time but there is that 1 percent that r quicker easer and beta to trad them

Depends if you enjoy it or notPolzn Bladz is wfp tops with van mount but trads bottoms for the same reason..

Sometimes i play his no detailing game and try to go all day without needing to detail which livens things up a bit rather than just waggling my brush

Other times i just wfp everything depending on mood
The thing is Dave, most of us don't really play games, we just wanna get the house done as quickly and easily as possible, polz needs to still trad as he's got the liquidator to sell, so he needs to be actively using his product,

If you still enjoy it, then that's good, but it won't last long, as it quickly becomes a bit pointless, there's no real advantage to it...

I used to love trad, but I really don't see the point in tradding lower windows, I'd rather just get the house done quickly and efficiently, I'd be surprised if your still tradding lower windows in another year, especially if you get a van mount, as you won't have your squeegee handy with a van mount,

Playing a no detailing game is easy with wfp Dave :rofl:

No need to play it with a squeegee !

Yeah tench, there's still houses I have to do trad, but I'm starting to no longer enjoy it, it just takes so long... Might drop the trad houses soon...

Trad doesn't take long to do really

Polzn Bladz hasn't got to use any particular tool ..he don't work for moerman and has no say in what goes on..just helped them develop a tool is all he did

I can trad quick and enjoy it but as i stated it is sometimes i use it. .a lot of the time i do just wfp

If you can't trad a window quick enough stick to wfp but if you can trad quick on maintenance jobs then no reason not to

I did trad for 14 years and am lightning quick with a squeegee, but it still isn't as fast as wfp. Every now and then ( on flat roofs etc) when the ladder comes off I will squeegee the window above it and I don't mind that

Latest Posts

Back