Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jake

Starting to dread getting the squeegee out...

Posh

I would never slag either method. I respect both users & as long as there happy & the customers happy soldier on. I just don't think I'm behind or in the dark ages coz I trad.

Diwrnach
It's got to the point now where the thought of tradding is like a form of slavery,

I still trad some houses, but the low sun and seeing the lines, detailing, wiping the ledge blah blah, is really not enjoyable anymore, not to mention how long it takes....:rolleyes:

Has Anyone else who's wfp started to feel like this? It's such a drag having to get the ladders off now, used to not mind it, but now I'm finding wfp is being used for nearly all my houses...

A year ago wfp was being used for maybe 75%, now more like 99%

Wfp is just so much easier and faster, it's like night and day

I'm exactly the same, I actually turned two inside cleans down last week because I couldn't face it lol

Posh

I do do both. I have wfp set up that I use for windows above Connies & slopping roofs & 3rd story. Been wfp ing for about 2 years now. Make my own pure water. Did you not see my thread RIP my Harris pole lol.

TolishAPurd

I've always said, "I'm not anti WFP, I'm just anti bullsh*t". Can't stand the propaganda that comes from the WFP manufacturers, but even worseis the gullible people that come on here and spew it out like gospel. (not you jake, just arguments in the past)

You don't need to have done both Jake, the problems and benefits with both methods are very well documented. I don't look at trad with rose tinted specs and I suggest you don't with WFP, like I said before, its about maximising the positives. I don't get problems with lines btw, and Itrad my own windows every month. I know why other people get lines though and it is down to the tecnique that is shown on many videos. I will be happy to show anyone on here in person how to stop it, but I'm not planning to be the next youtube star so it will have to be in person.

Posh
I never said you were @Posh

No not you personally. It's just a common thought & saying among window cleaners.

steve garwood

Agree with you diwrnach, I turn down insides on the spot. Hate them. I tell them in not insured if I come inside the house. Just hate the hassle

Jake
I'm exactly the same, I actually turned two inside cleans down last week because I couldn't face it lol

Lol, that's what I mean, it creates dread in the stomach!

Guest Jacob
Over 20 houses, I reckon you'd see more lines and soap residue than spotting on wfp, but most wouldn't notice it, but when the sun is low, suddenly you notice all the lines... Doesn't matter how good you are, sometimes the rubber just leaves fine lines
i could say the exact same thing just vice versa. But i dont judge wfp users because they are happy with that method, as i am with the trad. But dont make it that tradders all just leave lines and what not and you and your pole (the water fed one) just makes perfect. Just because it was the case with your tradding doesnt make us all do a bad job tradding. One method isnt better than the one doing it.

Jake

Lines sometimes just happen tolish,

But yeah they both have there place, I'm just bored of trad now - that's all...

I'll stil do it, and I'll still do insides - of course...

As for lines, my technique is fine, it's just sometimes you can't see them, but the rubber can get Knicks without you realising etc..

Jake
i could say the exact same thing just vice versa. But i dont judge wfp users because they are happy with that method, as i am with the trad. But dont make it that tradders all just leave lines and what not and you and your pole (the water fed one) just makes perfect. Just because it was the case with your tradding doesnt make us all do a bad job tradding. One method isnt better than the one doing it.

Jacob, as said, lines are not technique. It's when the rubber is knicked, I was full time trad for 9 years, I know how to trad, i built my business on trad,

However,

Having now done both, I can safely say from hands on expierence, that wfp is less prone to issues on the glass, because as long as we rinse well, there is never ever a mark left from wfp, whereas trad, you sometimes don't know you've left a few marks

tench0771

another down side to wfp is window can blow easer ie mist up and also glass is easer to scrach with wfp ps i luv boath methards :D:rofl:

Posh

And to be honest a bit of pure water can always catch a bit of dirt.

Just as a matter of interest what causes the spotting.

High pure or catching dirt as it dries?

Jake
another down side to wfp is window can blow easer ie mist up and also glass is easer to scrach with wfp ps i luv boath methards :D:rofl:

Never exporienved either of those :D

There both good methods, im just bored of trad - simples

Guest Jacob

Well yes i would because i check my work and are not in a rush and i change rubber every day to avoid tired rubber that leaves to bad work. Ofcourse no one is perfect but lines dont occour on every other house. Same when you rinse you dont touch the glass but then theres the leaky seals or running paint that can give you issues you might not notice.

Jake
And to be honest a bit of pure water can always catch a bit of dirt.

Just as a matter of interest what causes the spotting.

High pure or catching dirt as it dries?

Almost always it would be from not rinsing properly,

Which is why I said, as long as you rinse well, your pretty much guaranteed a perfect finish...

Never had the water been contaminated for me... But I suppose that's possible

Dave B

I do my own windows weekly and trad them with my harris pole and wagtail with NO lines

It is satisfying to be able to trad well and i find it therapeutic in a way

Yes i have been wfp'ing more and more lately but then i did a full trad day the other day just for a change

It's nice to be able to have variety imo

TolishAPurd
there is never ever a mark left from wfp, whereas trad, you sometimes don't know you've left a few marks

Not trying to hammer this topic too much but this is the problem I have with what you're saying^.

You leave the window wet, so how to you know a load of dust hasnt blown in to the droplets and caused spotting?

How do you know the vent wont drip down and cause a dirty run?

How do you know that that bit of bird **** or bee pollen on the second floor didnt get quite enough of a scrub to clean it off when you cant see it from down there?

Never say never mate, these are all things that can go wrong with WFP, just like the things you mentioned with trad.

Jake
Well yes i would because i check my work and are not in a rush and i change rubber every day to avoid tired rubber that leaves to bad work. Ofcourse no one is perfect but lines dont occour on every other house. Same when you rinse you dont touch the glass but then theres the leaky seals or running paint that can give you issues you might not notice.

Yeah but we work fast here Jacob, things get missed!

Anyway, chill, there both good methods, end of, bored now...

steve garwood

As an ex window fitter, I'm interested to know why a window would blow easier with wfp?

Jake
Not trying to hammer this topic too much but this is the problem I have with what you're saying^.

You leave the window wet, so how to you know a load of dust hasnt blown in to the droplets and caused spotting?

How do you know the vent wont drip down and cause a dirty run?

How do you know that that bit of bird **** or bee pollen on the second floor didnt get quite enough of a scrub to clean it off when you cant see it from down there?

Never say never mate, these are all things that can go wrong with WFP, just like the things you mentioned with trad.

They could all be very much possible, but that's never happened to me tolish, honestly mate, it's always been pretty much perfect,

But yeah they could all be an issue, but they haven't been an issue yet...

Jake
I do my own windows weekly and trad them with my harris pole and wagtail with NO lines

It is satisfying to be able to trad well and i find it therapeutic in a way

Yes i have been wfp'ing more and more lately but then i did a full trad day the other day just for a change

It's nice to be able to have variety imo

as said Dave, it will be interesting to see how you feel another year down the line, cos that's exactly what I used to say...

And when I first went wfp, I only did half my work wfp, still tradded half my work

TolishAPurd
They could all be very much possible, but that's never happened to me tolish, honestly mate, it's always been pretty much perfect,

But yeah they could all be an issue, but they haven't been an issue yet...

If you mean you have never had a complaint yet, then that's not the same as 'never happened'. I am sure I have left lines now and again, and even the odd smear, but I have never had a complaint about my work, not one. Good customers understand that little imperfections can happen. Its not about getting the windows perfect, jokes aside thats impossible every time with all the external factors involved, -its about getting them good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.