Jake

Starting to dread getting the squeegee out...

Jake

Never got complaints, but I can see when they dry that there spotless every time,

This is blown way off topic,

Point is, I'm bored of trad... Saying lines get left is just a annoying side effect to trad...

The main point of the thread was to say that.. I'm no longer enjoying trad...

Guest Jacob
Yeah but we work fast here Jacob, things get missed..

Been there done that.

Better slower with no issues!

Jake
Been there done that.

Better slower with no issues!

We got bills to pay, and wives to buy clothes and bags for...

Guest Jacob

Yea what do you think, i dont have bills to pay or what?!

Dont try and talk down to me Jake thats just sad!

Diwrnach

For me trad vs wfp, like I said for me, I find the frames are better wfp, it is "easier" to get a perfect finish, and I also found wfp cleaned windows do stay cleaner longer.

Not saying these are facts just what I have personally found, of coarse it is also faster and safer.

For me its a no brainer, but not everyones circumstances are the same, and I was never an amazing trad guy either, I didn't spend years at it like a lot here.

Posh

Please don't tell me you can see 3/4/5 story's up at the windows. Especially a bit of fly/bee ***p. binoculars??

And if yer quick how do you know they dry fine if yer not there.

Not undermining at all but yer contradicting yerself a bit here.

TolishAPurd
Please don't tell me you can see 3/4/5 story's up at the windows. Especially a bit of fly/bee ***p. binoculars??

When I've had eye tests I'm told my vision is 'extreemly good' but I can almost miss it when I am face to the glass. No doubt thats a benefit of trad.

Diwrnach

Not contradicting at all, who is going to sit around for an hour waiting for the glass to dry? especially when there is absolutely no need to?

As for bee pollen 5 stories up, if you want to get up a ladder that high to make sure its gone/clean it off be my guest, I will be buggered if I will.

Raises an interesting question though, I don't think bees fly that high anyway?

Dave B

@Diwrnach i spent 26 years with a squeegee

Very hard to drop it completely as trad is part of who I am now

I agree that the frames are easier to clean wfp and i find that the frames (not necessarily the glass as i haven't really looked hard) seem to be a lot cleaner next visit but like @Jake says trad bores him i say i need to trad now and then to keep my sanity as i miss it and find it like some sort of therapy when I'm feeling stressed

Nothing like banging out a few perfect windows with applicator and squeegee to take your mind off things

Jake
Yea what do you think, i dont have bills to pay or what?!

Dont try and talk down to me Jake thats just sad!

Woh chill!! It's a joke! Touchy tonight mate!

Diwrnach

Having just looked into bee biology the chances of a pollen laden bee hitting a fifth storey window is roughly zero.

Jake

You'd be suprised how fast they dry in the summer posh, you can't see 3-4 floors up, but atkeast you can do them :cool::D;)

I used to trad 3 story, much better doing it from the ground now, and about 3 times faster, the thought of tradding that high again is just horrible...

TolishAPurd
Having just looked into bee biology the chances of a pollen laden bee hitting a fifth storey window is roughly zero.

You can't bee serious.

Jake
Let's just agree to disagree

We all know you're all:turd: and i am perfect so that's that:p

Let's just say all methods are great, and all im saying is I'm now not enjoying trad...

Can't believe trad and wfp threads still have the ability to cause much passion!

6 pages over cleaning windows lol!

tench0771
As an ex window fitter, I'm interested to know why a window would blow easier with wfp?

im not 100 percent shore y but ive had a few jobs were i used to trad for years then when i swiched them to wfp they out of the blue mist up just the odd window!! also if i rember rightly @Tuffers said some thing about hot wfp doing this a long wile back !!

Jake

Secretly everyone's passionate about either trad or wfp, and some are passionate about both...

That's the moral of the 6 page thread Summed up!

Diwrnach

I'm not passionate about either, I am passionate about doing a good job and £££, WFP covers both bases for me more than trad so that is what I use.