Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

risk assessment and method statement

paul stallard

hi guys as anyone got a copy of risk assessment and method statement, need one for the following.

driveway cleaning

water fed pole

gutter cleaning

if anyone as one that I could a just would be grateful or point me in the right direction

thanks

I found some good ones just by googling it

Don't know where they are now

anyone got a link i need a method statement and risk assessment for

window cleaning wfp/old way

driveway cleaning

gutter cleaning and fasica

????? someone on here must of write one for each service , anyone like to share :)

if not looks like I'm going to have to write all them myself :-(

ok guys I need help???

this is my first commercial job whats why I have been asking about all this...

I've had the reply I have been waiting for a shop ( café ) would like me to quote them a price on patio area, they have asked for insurance information method statement and risk assessment I have never done one before I don't want to look like I don't know how to deal with this so please can someone help..

how do I write a method statement and risk assessment

insurance do I give them a copy of insurance or just show them proof,

how do I price a commercial job ???

the front of the shop without measuring is slabs 2x2 just the same as a standard double driveway

well at less its a small job for my first commercial :)

if someone could please post a copy of risk and method that I could look at to see how to do

I would be greatful, like I said I've never done one before

Method Statement and Risk Assessment

Project: **Customer Name**

Client: ContactNumber

Description: High Pressure Surface Cleaning

Date:

Prepared By:

INTRODUCTION

Scope

This document describes the method and safety considerations whilst carrying out Surface cleaning at **Customer name**.

Objective

The objective of this method statement is to carry out the work specified in a safe, professional and efficient manner.

Responsibility

The Operations Manager of ** my company name ** is responsible for the establishment, implementation and maintenance of this document. He is also responsible for ensuring that the execution of the operation is in compliance with the method statement.

METHOD STATEMENT

Access Method

We will utilise the Jet wash system negating the need for access equipment on the exterior of the property.

We will need access to a water supply and drainage system at the property of **Customer Name**

Site Preparation

Appropriate areas will be marked with warning signs. Sentries will be placed if deemed necessary. Public access with be clear signed and safety barrier will be placed if necessary.

Provision and use of Matting to cover Hosepipes and electric cords.

Ensure the Appropriate area will be cleared from any items objects (e.g. furniture, Plant Pots, Vehicles,) and pre-cleaned to prevent flying debris.

Work may be carried out (if requested) out of normal working hours to minimise disruption.

Cleaning Method

For the cleaning of Driveways – Pathways – Patio- Decking area the following method will be used:

High pressure petrol jet wash using water with the attachment of a surface cleaner called (whirl away) with clean the main area, the edges will have cleaned using high pressure lance with turbo nozzle. the waste water (runoff) will be collect via a wet and dry vacuum and pumped to a foul drain. Any debris will be collect and removed.

Personal Protective Equipment

The following will be worn:

a. Barrier cream/Protective Gloves

b. fully water proof trousers and jacket

c. Suitable footwear that is in good condition and has good grip

and anti-slip properties.

RISK ASSESSMENT – TASK SPECIFIC

Assessment of Risks

The objective of this Risk Assessment is to evaluate the risk whilst undertaking the High Pressure Surface Cleaning at **Customer name**.

Specific Risk Assessment

This section identifies the specific risks involved and quantifies their likelihood based on the following table:

Numeric Value

Probability

Description

Likely/frequent

Has occurred frequently. Event only to be expected.

Probable

Not surprised. Will occur several times.

Possible

Could occur sometime.

Remote

*Unlikely though conceivable.

Improbable

*So unlikely that the probability of it occurring is close to zero.

Your Company name consider 1 and 2 as the level of risk for normal controlled working conditions.

Moving Equipment and Materials

Controlled Level of Risk – 1

Hazard: Risk of Manual handling injury.

Causes: Incorrect lifting techniques.

Control Measures: Utilise correct lifting procedures.

Slips, Trips and Falls

Controlled Level of Risk – 2

Hazard: Risk of slipping on wet floor or tripping on

equipment/hoses.

Causes: Water from Jet wash cleaning on floor.

Equipment (eg brooms) left lying around.

People tripping over hose.

Control Measures: Ensure barriers and/or warning signs used.

Stow equipment tidily and out of the way.

Mat to cover hoses

Spray from lance gun

Controlled Level of Risk – 2

Causes: Untrained operatives.

Debris on surface

Too much water on surface

Control Measures: Ensure area is clean from stones and debris.

All employees are fully trained

Excess water is sweep away

Failure of the operatives of **my company**.to comply with the Method Statement and Risk Assessment will result in the immediate termination of our contract with **Customer Name**.

Signed:

Last edited by a moderator:
guys do you think that would do its basic but I don't what over the top lol let me know

if anyone could do a better job at this please do and send it me, I tell you know I'm no good a paper work :) need one asap, what do you guys think ??? good bad no good ok will it do .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back