Guest boarcity

jehovah window cleaners

Dave B

The thing that amuses me is no matter how many scientific answers we get someone will always claim that it's down to god

If they prove the big bang theory or discover how microscopic particles can be in several places at once it will obviously be "god made it happen" so we can never win the argument

I have an interest in quantum physics of which I actually understand a lot of what they talk about (don't understand much of the maths behind it though) and they are making discoveries all the time which have a profound effect on peoples views on religion..as more and more is explained it is harder to believe in something that can't be proved until you are no longer here to tell anyone if it's true or not

Diwrnach
The thing that amuses me is no matter how many scientific answers we get someone will always claim that it's down to god

If they prove the big bang theory or discover how microscopic particles can be in several places at once it will obviously be "god made it happen" so we can never win the argument

I have an interest in quantum physics of which I actually understand a lot of what they talk about (don't understand much of the maths behind it though) and they are making discoveries all the time which have a profound effect on peoples views on religion..as more and more is explained it is harder to believe in something that can't be proved until you are no longer here to tell anyone if it's true or not

Your a better man than me, I usually come away scratching my head at quantum physics lol

Diwrnach

hey @daveyboy1 did you read the other day they think they have found proof of a parallel universe?

jimmyboots

I also don't buy into respecting others peoples beliefs, Nazis had a belief, Klu Klux Klan have a belief, ISIS have a belief I do NOT have to respect those beliefs.

Oh c'mon....I'm talking about normal people like you and I. That's just a cheap shot. No need for that.

Have you had a chance to look at the real Codex Sinaiticus yet and see that the webpage you put up was just lies, propaganda or whatever?

Dave B

They have thought there was proof several times..I'll wait and see what happens as they usually realise it's something else

It is very interesting when you get in to something like string theory and branes

Brian cox is very good at explaining those sort of things to those who don't get it..can see a lot of his lectures on youtube

Tuffers

Crikey :eek: another great debate.

All I want to know is where does the universe end, what is at the end and who/what/when/how did the universe start? Something has to start from something, but if there is nothing, how does something become?

As for religion, meh.

Diwrnach
Crikey :eek: another great debate.

All I want to know is where does the universe end, what is at the end and who/what/when/how did the universe start? Something has to start from something, but if there is nothing, how does something become?

As for religion, meh.

I'm on borrowed time Mrs needs the PC, but they recently think they have solved the "something from nothing" conundrum, I read the paper and have to admit to not understanding even close to half of it, I'll try and find it later or tomorrow, but to kind of sum it up something never came from nothing because everything is still nothing.

Diwrnach

This is part of the story, this is pretty much proof of no God, but you know..... A TEAM of scientists have made what may turn out to be the most important discovery in HISTORY – how the universe came into being from nothinghttp://www.express.co.uk/news/science/612340/Origin-of-the-universe-riddle-solved-by-Canadian-physicists-and-er-it-wasn-t-God

Diwrnach

Sorry @Tuffers that's all I can help with as the wife has important bingo to play...... sigh. (though she did win just shy of £200 last night)

Dave B

Jake will probably moan as i copied and pasted this but just to save me having to explain it in my own words but it is a way matter may have been created

In the beginning, there was not yet any matter. However, there was a lot of energy in the form of light, which comes in discrete packets called photons. When photons have enough energy, they can spontaneously decay into a particle and an antiparticle. (An antiparticle is the exact opposite of the corresponding particle--for example, a proton has charge +e, so an antiproton has charge -e.) This is easily observed today, as gamma rays have enough energy to create measurable electron-antielectron pairs (the antielectron is usually called a positron). It turns out that the photon is just one of a class of particles, called the bosons, that decay in this manner. Many of the bosons around just after the big bang were so energetic that they could decay into much more massive particles such as protons (remember, E=mc2, so to make a particle with a large mass m, you need a boson with a high energy E). The mass in the universe came from such decays.

SkulBlaker

I wrote a children's book a few years ago about a spider who played football and had to find his boots, I had my daughter believe this spider and a certain species was real for a good amount of time, until she discovered I was talking balls. What I'm saying is anyone can say something to a vulnerable mind and they will believe it if told enough times, what they can do is discover for themselves with hard fact that it's nonsense, there is no hard fact that we were created by a God. As I've said before if we were why are there so many religions, why didn't the one True God create one religion and ensure the human race stuck to this. I for one wouldn't want to be depicted as a woman's body with and elephant head.

Again I couldn't care less what people believe in along as they are happy and not causing others harm. There are strong arguments from both sides of what the truth is, all I can say is just enjoy yourselves, your life (from wherever it may have started) and relax.

Diwrnach
What answer would you give to these questions. ?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HcN4v6Co9I[/media]

There is no evidence for a "change of kind" -- because "kind" is not a valid classification of anything.

It's a made-up nothing that evolution deniers use precisely because it *doesn't* have a valid definition.

There is a massive amount of evidence for speciation, organisms evolving into new species. Directly observed cases, cases based on long-term observations and tests by multiple generations of observers, genetic evidence, and fossil evidence. Literally hundreds of *millions* of pieces of evidence. To deny any of that exists is dishonest and delusional.

"Evolution can be spilt into Micro and Macro."

No, it can't. That's yet *another* dishonest made-up definition from dishonest creationists. There is only evolution by natural selection. Small changes ("micro") accumulating over long periods of time result in large changes ("macro"). They're the same thing.

Accepting "micro" but denying "macro" evolution is like admitting that a human being can take a single step, but can't walk down the street to the store. It's patently ridiculous, and completely dishonest.

Study the transitional forms in the evolution of whales, humans, horses, for example, and you'll see that species changed in the past, into another. Also, "kind" isn't a used world in Biology or science. It's a made up by creationists. "Macroevolution" would be speciation, which is a fact.

Evolution is an observed fact. I'm sorry that contradicts your cherished myths, but deal with it.

Underdog

No offence but if scientists can't answer the questions why should I just accept that a window cleaner told me evolution is fact?

Diwrnach
My missus won 10.2k on the bingo 10 years ago @Diwrnach

Paid for me to block pave the driveway

The mrs has won a few grand at separate times now, she is WELL up, she only deposits about £10 a week, she does really well at it, not 10k well though lol