Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot Water For Under £100

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Ok so I made a quick vid as Jake asked for one on another thread and I cant find where that was now.

I got this heater off ebay for £51 - Gas bottle, regulator, hoses, and bits £40.

Installation -£FREE - if you can tie your shoe lace you can fit this.

Excuse the mess of the back of the van it's cleaning day.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBx7ywCnVS0[/media]

Hose from pump (Shurflo or other brand) connects to 'water in' on the heater

'Water out' on the heater connects to the hose reel

Gas of course goes to the gas bottle.

Really is that simple.

Nice one green,

So does it heat the water quick enough? As it's going through at quite a rate?

Also does the heater just stay on? And do you turn it off manually, kr does it turn off when you stop the water flow?

Sorry for tonnes of questions..

At the first job of the day you run your brush for about 5 mins, after all you need to get all the cold out of 100 meters of 8mm microbore.

My heater has an on off switch at the bottom but it stays in the on position as it cuts of as I shut off the flow.

I also have a sticker on my dash board that say 'TURN OFF THE GAS' just to remind me when I get home for the night.

And yes it heats it plenty quick once you 'flush' out all the cold water on the first job.

Remember for superb results you don't need super hot, mine is only around 27-30 degrees but man what a difference to 'ambient' temperature water.

The science is some toss about how hot water holds the dirt in suspension better so cleans more thoroughly.

The reality is baked on bird sh!t is gone in a few seconds as opposed to scrubbing and scrubbing for 5 minutes. It get's marks off the frames easier too.

I was also skeptical about the benefits but I am planning to build my dream van next summer so this current van is really just a test bed for the sort of stuff I want in it.

Brodex do a hot water add on heater for £495.00 it is the same as this one off ebay for £51 :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: ahhhh Brodex, the world loves a trier you thieves!! /emoticons/smile.png)

Also my pole used to fell cold in my hands in the mornings, no more, now nice and warm all day, and when hands are dirty I have hot water 'on tap' to have a wash.

And yes it does make the difference.

I want one! But alas no room in my van for a heater, nor gas, nor any spare weight. Doh! Oh well, one can dream...

Just noticed you have your on your door, nice placement that's got me thinking, do you need to leave door open to vent or can you keep them shut? Also whats the total weight of it all, about 50kg?

So green where do I get a heater like yours? And how do you mount it to the door?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6L-Portable-LPG-Propane-Gas-Tankless-Hot-Water-Heater-Instant-Boiler-/121271443928?hash=item1c3c5761d8

Message him he will sell to you outside ebay for £51

it has brackets top and bottom, my van is ply lined so I just screwed it into there.

My 'expert adviser' that checked it out says it has something called 'bumpers' in the top so it wont get hot enough to damage the ply or van door.

Mine is mounted on the door bump as I always have my door open anyhow and makes it easy to vent, you can mount similar inside but then you need to set up a flu to take away the exhaust gasses.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Never actually measured it Jake, 3 - 4 weeks, however I just hoked up a new full bottle Friday night so with this as the start of the counter I will be able to look at my tally and tell you exactly within the month how many houses it does.

Never actually measured it Jake, 3 - 4 weeks, however I just hoked up a new full bottle Friday night so with this as the start of the counter I will be able to look at my tally and tell you exactly within the month how many houses it does.
Green you are officially now THE MAN

I will be ordering this gear

thats a great set up.good price too.i agree warm water really does make a big difference. a detergent dispenser with this set would be nice . that reminds me time to do the dishes!!!

lol @ turn off the gas sign

i always check gas is off on cooker before i go to bed, ocd

my first priority is fixing my van heater then i may look into this

Back