Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial round for sale - Reading, Berkshire

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tony Smith

I am selling my round that covers Reading / Winnesrh / Wokingham - this is all commercial work and brings in £1000 per month - £12630 last year.

The work starts at 07:00 and I usually finish at 2:00 so don't ask how many days because that will depend on how many hours you want to work on, this usually takes around 6 to 7 days of my time.

I am in the Fire Service so I fit this around my shifts hence a early start and early finish - work is 2 x hotels, 2 x pub/hotels, 1 x large gated retirement complex, 1 x large office block and 10 other smaller offices.

The work is an average - some is monthly, bi-monthly, quartely and two are six monthly; ofetn asked how many days a week and the answer is 1 to 3 depending on the way the months come together.

Tried selling on ebay but found time wasters; included in the price is a rather tired but reliable Citreon Dispatch van 53 plate, a Ionic system and four WFP's of various sizes - a 35' Gardiner which does the lot and then three older poles.

Any questions please ring me on 07967 360 000 - retirement is the reason for sale. I had a buyer from ebay but he wanted to pay monthly; I'm happy to travel round and greet the clients with their new window cleaner but please don't ask the specifics of where the sites are as this wouldn't be fair on the new window cleaner and they'd be besieged with phone calls. The work has been done for 24 years and I earn around £150 a day - some days £310 depending on the job.

Oops £6000 is the asking price; don't know if that's unrealistic but you do see people wanting twice what the rounds worth.

My attitude is that by month seven your in profit and if your wanting to expand or even start up, the van and poles gives you the lead.

Who knows? Started rat catching and might just trim the work down to the best payers and keep the van on.

Canvassers round here charge 1.5 - 2 x the value of the results. 4x is average for buying well established proven work.

Well I have sold established rounds up here for as much as 8 before now Eclipse. Every pro canvasser I have spoken to tells me 3 - 4 x a clean.

I have heard of one that charges 2 x but like they say - you get what you pay for. IMO

Looks a good round.

When you said about rat catching were you talking about pest control or was it a metaphor? I was looking into getting into pest control last year.

Looks a good round.
When you said about rat catching were you talking about pest control or was it a metaphor? I was looking into getting into pest control last year.
Pest Control is slowly coming on; the overheads are eye watering though!

What sort of overheads?
Insurance, certification, trade body membership, storage, rodenticide, traps, insecticide, equipment, CPD, advertising, PPE, airguns, camera traps, inspection cameras ...........

Although this sounds well established the prices must be on the low side?

Working 7am - 2pm for an average of £150 ish on commercial work?

When were the last price increases?

Andy

Latest Posts

Back