Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Debt collection letters do work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
Ive had my fair share of messers and non payers this year, most of them i had given up on as it wasnt worth the hassle.

But i decided to send a letter to everyone who hasnt paid me on my records, so last week i sent 10 letter out, only for small amounts 10/12/15 quid etc basically threatening small claims court.

Well up until now ive had 5 pay, 2 by cheque and 3 online.

Im waiting to see what the rest will do, i gave them 14 days.

sometimes people need a kick up the ****, and you dont actually have to go through with the small claims but for the sake of a stamp its worth giving a go.

I have only 1 that i will defo send to small claims, she owes me 3 cleans and gave me the run around for weeks, shes getting it no matter what lol.

View attachment 5481

I am yet to not get my money owed.

I put 3 reminders through along with texts and knocks, but if none of works I always put one through with FINAL REMINDER on it, for some reason that works lol

"If you have'nt cancelled our services already, this letter is confirmation of your removal from our round".

^This is pure class mate, love it.:thumbsup:

I havent got the patience to keep going round knocking @Diwrnach, i send reminders via text/email/fb. I usually knock if im passing but theres no way im going out to the other side of town on an evening just on the off chance, id rather get rid, mind you i have very few i collect from anyway.

im same, when i started i would drive through rush hour traffic to other side of town to get no answer...i can only imagine how much a ballache this must be for windys who collect. The thought of collecting after ive been out all day cleaning makes me feel ill. **** that

Love it great letter, especially the ending, letter has been screen grabbed by me to use as and when required. Got a couple at the moment very late and one owing 2 cleans, really pisses me off. Both were good payers until recent too.

So far out of the 10 letters i sent, 6 have paid, and one has promised to pay end of this week, im not going to bother going ahead with small claims on the others as they are £6, £8 and £12, im happy with 6-7 out of the 10 as i thought they were all lost debts.

I will just add the others to my revenge list

I popped one of those letters out yesterday (adjusted slightly) to a long standing debtor of mine, only a £12 jobby but was a first clean on a small 2 up 2 down on a new house, called off a leaflet I posted, sounded genuine and was in when I did the clean, knocked for money after and she claimed she didnt have cash on her and will pay asap on Bacs. Never did it arrive, numerous text reminders with no joy, I clean 2 others either side of hers every 4 weeks and if she is in she shuts the curtains and wont answer the door lol, all for £12! I was quite new when I did it and now no longer accept anything other than cash for a first clean. Live and learn but luckily my only one, hoping to get the money via the letter as more of a principal than needs, cost me £1.70 recorded delivery!

Ive had my fair share of messers and non payers this year, most of them i had given up on as it wasnt worth the hassle.
But i decided to send a letter to everyone who hasnt paid me on my records, so last week i sent 10 letter out, only for small amounts 10/12/15 quid etc basically threatening small claims court.

Well up until now ive had 5 pay, 2 by cheque and 3 online.

Im waiting to see what the rest will do, i gave them 14 days.

sometimes people need a kick up the ****, and you dont actually have to go through with the small claims but for the sake of a stamp its worth giving a go.

I have only 1 that i will defo send to small claims, she owes me 3 cleans and gave me the run around for weeks, shes getting it no matter what lol.

View attachment 8007
can you please send me this letter?

save me typing it out, hahah thanks

find it helps to have a stash of these letters preprinted ,in my van sunvisor, ready at hand . with envelopes n stamps

iv also got cancellation letters in same visor,with a blank space for address, ready to dish out, easily to hand "due to insurance changes im no longer able to clean your property"

Got another cutstie lined up for the old letter treatment if she doesnt cough up soon, annoyingly her next door neighbour is good friends with her and a great payer, always a dilema when in that situation i want to nail this ***** but not upset get neighbour so have been treading gently on this one lol

Got another cutstie lined up for the old letter treatment if she doesnt cough up soon, annoyingly her next door neighbour is good friends with her and a great payer, always a dilema when in that situation i want to nail this ***** but not upset get neighbour so have been treading gently on this one lol
Forget shes good mates with next door mate, she is not paying her debts so hit her hard with a letter from yourself first before then getting a professional one sent out.

Back