Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter cleaning job on High street

WCF

Help Support WCF:

sllab

I have just had a gutter cleaning job come in. 8 different addresses of 2 story gutters on both sides of the road.

There is parking only on one side of the road so I am thinking of running a generator in the back of the pick up and running a cable across the road to do one section of the guttering.

The alternative is put the generator on the footpath and just run it next to my Guttervac.

I am planning on doing it this Sunday or the next one weather dependent (I am hoping that I will mostly be sucking dry stuff out of the gutters. This would mean the road and footpaths are going to be as quiet as possible as the shops below will be closed for the most part.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how they would tackle the job?

Hi vis and PPE, signage, helper to watch foot traffic holding a broom to move any falling debris and guide the hose, business cards in pocket. Recce at the same time previous week to see what's open and how busy it is. Hi vis tape on the hose and poles.

Thanks for the comments. I will be doing it on Sunday afternoon with a helper and some cones etc. assuming my generator arrives on time.

I did quite a big house earlier this week, really tried to do it all with my vac but had to give up half way through and use ladder., tile overhang plus full of heavy mud matted with roots of weeds. Should have done the lot by ladder id have saved loads of time in this instance

If I'd 'risk assessed' it properly before beginning I'd have worked out that ladder access was better in this case than vac

ive never tryed a vac they sound handy but the thault of having to get a genny +vac ect put me off i just use my triple with ankalad microlite i may try a vac tho in time

They're useful for where you can't put the ladder, half the jobs I've done I can't see how I could have done all without a vac or a cherry picker, whether it's mixed level ground, hedges, other obstacles. But if there's enough window work, stick to ladder and the ones that can be done by ladder, save yourself the hassle of that extra kit as you say.

I've got an expensive vac and hose at 54mm but mine still clogged to uselessness last week. But if it's full of dried matter, it can be very quick. Nice to have both methods I suppose.

They're useful for where you can't put the ladder, half the jobs I've done I can't see how I could have done all without a vac or a cherry picker, whether it's mixed level ground, hedges, other obstacles. But if there's enough window work, stick to ladder and the ones that can be done by ladder, save yourself the hassle of that extra kit as you say.
I've got an expensive vac and hose at 54mm but mine still clogged to uselessness last week. But if it's full of dried matter, it can be very quick. Nice to have both methods I suppose.
i sapose it depends on wat wrk u have most of my jobs r prity easy some high but simple i usly use a pro gutter tool to get to the hard bits over connys ect ,can i ask how mch did u pay for ur vac ? and wate type is it could u post a link plz

these big companies who sell gutter vacs with big price tags-can be bought at a fraction of the price with a bit of research.the smaller (domestic)onmipole & gutter sucker vacs can be bought very cheaply,from a diy store

I have:

http://www.spinaclean.com/skyvac-atom.asp

it has worked well so far on the dozen or so jobs I have done with it. The poles are really light and easy to handle although can get quite heavy if mud and dirt starts sticking to the inside. I got it for the poles more than anything and don't regret it at all. The camera I am using was 32 squid off ebay and does the job great. only around 1 hour on the battery life when on wifi to my phone but its another 10 ish for 3 back up batteries and charger. It has paid for itself within the first 6 weeks so I cant complain.

I have:http://www.spinaclean.com/skyvac-atom.asp

it has worked well so far on the dozen or so jobs I have done with it. The poles are really light and easy to handle although can get quite heavy if mud and dirt starts sticking to the inside. I got it for the poles more than anything and don't regret it at all. The camera I am using was 32 squid off ebay and does the job great. only around 1 hour on the battery life when on wifi to my phone but its another 10 ish for 3 back up batteries and charger. It has paid for itself within the first 6 weeks so I cant complain.
could you post a link for your camera? Sounds perfect......

amazon & ebay sell wireless receivers from china,my wireless camera which works well with the receiver was also ordered from china 4 less than £10

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I tried a £80 wifi cam off amazon, maybe it was my iPhone three, but wifi link was shite. Maybe it was the phone rather than the cam, but I returned it for a refund (the auto rotate feature didn't work either)

Have you got a latest model phone @sllab?

so with the wi-fi link can you watch the camera in real time or just play-back video. Really want one i can put on the top of the gutter vac and see what im doing as i work.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
so with the wi-fi link can you watch the camera in real time or just play-back video. Really want one i can put on the top of the gutter vac and see what im doing as i work.
you can watch it in real time

I tried a £80 wifi cam off amazon, maybe it was my iPhone three, but wifi link was shite. Maybe it was the phone rather than the cam, but I returned it for a refund (the auto rotate feature didn't work either)
Have you got a latest model phone @sllab?
I have a Samsung galaxy S6 so it is the latest stuff. The wifi connection for the most part is really good. My biggest problem is bumping the off button on a roof tile every now and then and turning it off.

Back