Sign in to follow this  
Guest Windowwhiz

Dr Squeegees sill saver brush

nearlyclean

It seems to make a lot of claims about being the best,looks heavy.Never had any problems cleaning sills with a superlite.

Gav

From the picture it does not really look much different to the vikan.

Guest Windowwhiz

Nah apparently it's not that different except longer and a bit stiffer but the reviews on it seem good.

nearlyclean

For £22 it is worth a punt if you need a sill brush.

Hinty

looks like a vikan sill brush.

I prefer my gardiner superlight extreme (165g) and use my FlipFast to get to the sills when i need to.

nearlyclean

I think a flipfast would be a better investment and quicker than changing the brush to clean sills,If the sill is really grubby just squirt some Fairy or Ecover on your brush and work it in.

The sill brush might be better for conny roof cleans

Guest Windowwhiz

When it says sill brush it's not just designed for sills it's also for doing the windows but has a lower set of bristles also on it to do the sills without having to adjust the neck. You'd be there all day if you had a window brush and then used a separate sill brush.

nearlyclean

I wouldn't want to use that for long,if you step back 1/2 metre after cleaning the window you can get the sill.

Guest Windowwhiz

I've used Vikan Hi/Lo sill brushes for about a year now and there great. You can step back and get the sill with a standard brush but putting any pressure on the sill to clean it especially on first cleans isn't easy where as with the sill brush it makes the whole process a piece-A-Cake!!!

nearlyclean

Your right for first cleans or dirty sills a sill brush is really handy and not that expensive but Gardiner has a sill brush coming out soon which is suppose to be light so I think I will wait for this.

Hinty

I never managed to track it down, but one supplier brought out a lightweight brush that had a groove in the bottom of the plastic - where you could slide in a lightweight sill brush - when needed.

It might have been Boudain - the french company - but if it was you may have to decide which arm and leg you use the most.

Guest Windowwhiz

Just got one and it's brilliant, nice long bristles and great for windows and sills ;0)

nearlyclean

Look forward to seeing a review on your new sill brush

Guest Windowwhiz

When you say review do you mean video review or written ? :0)

nearlyclean

just your thoughts on using the brush

Guest Windowwhiz

Ok I've used it all day today and we had 2 first cleans and wow what a great brush.

The bristles are long which means Georgians and sash windows are a doddle. First cleans were much easier - one house had White PVC and the gent said they hadn't been done in years, the grime was ground well in and the sill saver made light work of it. Not so good on windows with the paint and putty falling off, if their very delicate windows then I'd recommend using a soft superlite. All in all though very happy with the results ;0)

nearlyclean

Sounds like a good brush to have for first cleans

Hinty

You can never have too many brushes. That's what i keep telling myself anyway

Guest window washer

I am with WindowWhiz [/font]on this one - can't best a Vikan Hi/Lo.

I use this for everything and it never lets me down.