Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Good little earner

Posh

Came up with a good idea for the gutter clearing side of my business.

Have bought 12 downpipe filters off eBay at £1.50 each. Offering em to customers fitted for £4. Going down like hot cakes. Just got rid of the last one.

Paid £18 for them & got £48 back. Not a bad return for really not doing a lot.

No good for you non ladder boys tho.

Came up with a good idea for the gutter clearing side of my business.Have bought 12 downpipe filters off eBay at £1.50 each. Offering em to customers fitted for £4. Going down like hot cakes. Just got rid of the last one.

gd idea posh nice little earner

Good job I ONLY use ladders for gutter cleans and clearing,

Wfp for cleaning gutters is horrible, much much easier with a ladder and cloths, wfp is good for windows, but cumbersome for things like facias,

Good idea, you could charge even more posh!

Came up with a good idea for the gutter clearing side of my business.Have bought 12 downpipe filters off eBay at £1.50 each. Offering em to customers fitted for £4. Going down like hot cakes. Just got rid of the last one.

Have you got a link for them posh? I always pick up a load from urban plastics but theyre about 2.20 I think. I've been doing this a while but do it for a fiver a piece.

Yeah I've done a few of them too - £40 extra on the job

Most I ever got was a job with 7 downpipes. Tops it up nicely though.
They stop downpipe from getting blocked but also they clogg up pretty quick so you get an easy 6 month gutter clean in

They stop downpipe from getting blocked but also they clogg up pretty quick so you get an easy 6 month gutter clean in
Exactly. :thumbsup: I often explain this to the customer and tell them that it is better and cheaper if it cloggs up top, then if it cloggs up the down pipes or soakaways.

A lot of the new builds are getting fitted with the gutter hedgehog, so in a few years time we will be inundated with calls to rip them out. yay

Dumbest design ever- traps the leaves on top, and filters all the fine s*** to the bottom with cloggs up your soakaways. To top it off it makes it harder to clear, so maintneance is more expensive. Designer needs a poke in the eye.

A lot of the new builds are getting fitted with the gutter hedgehog, so in a few years time we will be inundated with calls to rip them out. yay
Dumbest design ever- traps the leaves on top, and filters all the fine s*** to the bottom with cloggs up your soakaways. To top it off it makes it harder to clear, so maintneance is more expensive. Designer needs a poke in the eye.
No what they need is to be asked to clean one out after two years

Back