Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First cleans all day today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

Toke me 2 hours yesterday to do 1 first clean /emoticons/sad.png

I average about 5 houses per day using over 600 litres of water in total.

First cleans are a nightmare !

What are you doing to use that much water

How i do it is scrub top frame and rinse then scrub whole window...turn water off if you are gonna take a while

Go to next window and repeat

Go back to first window and clean like a normal clean as in scrub whole lot and rinse

Job done

If really dirty order some virosol or ubik to spray on the brush or window first

First cleans take minutes more than maintenance cleans not hours

Do the lot with whatever chemical then go round glass again. A first clean should take about 1.5-2 times as long depending how bad

It's pouring down outside and i have a new clean to do

Nobody in which is how i like it..rain to help with rinsing

Got some maintenance jobs i can do also as nobody in

I work in rain but today is a bit heavy..don't mind if custys is out

Holy moly, don't take that long, I do it a little different if they are really bad, I explain that look these are really bad and I won't get them perfect first time, it will take 2 maybe 3 cleans to get them up to a top standard, then bosh them out nearly as fast as a regular clean, the customer is always over the moon as they are 10 times cleaner anyway.

How on earth can you use 600 litres? You only have to have the flow on low to loosen the dirt, use Virosol first, see far too many posts on pouring loads of water on glass it's bull.

I just did these 2 the one on the right was a new clean and didn't quite use a 25l drum between the both of them..still a few inches in the bottom

You're correct @Poles Apart throwing water at the glass doesn't clean it better

View attachment 5547

Done for the day now as it's too wet and my neck is still hurting

It shouldn't be taking that long and that much water even if getting it perfect, maybe a different stiffer brush or something?

1 x 25ltr container will clean 1 average house

6 x 25ltr containers will clean 1 average first clean house

So that is 6x more water.

I have seen a lot of cleaners say they clean the UPVC... but really they don't even clean them properly.

The reason i use a lot of water is because i do a good job, we all have different ways of working, but i got my own little way of working and its such a success !

Is your business called tsunami window cleaning???/emoticons/wink.png

Only joking as long as doing a good job that's all that matters

But saying that if there's ever a drought well all no who to blame!!!

Haz if it works for you then fair play mate.

Just might be worth a consideration that if others can do it with just 10% of the water you are using are you perhaps missing a trick?

Not only a 90% saving on water costs but also a massive environmental benefit if you even cut water use by 50%.

And can i just say (IMO) your last post made it sound like anyone not using that much water is doing a half arsed job.

But hey if it works for you then happy days mate. /emoticons/smile.png

Am not missing a trick though because if i turn the flow down i will use less water..... but spend more time cleaning them....

Time is money.... use more water and get through the work quicker. use less water and spend more time !

I go through my 600ltr tank every day... some people use 1,000 some people use 800 some people use 300... 600 is average haha

And no i did not mean it like that pal, a lot of people do a good job.. i have seen with my own eyes.... but at the same time a lot of people do half a job.

I have on my facebook page pictures of a conservatory that is maybe 20 foot long? maybe a bit more, it was the greenest upvc I have ever seen, it had been left derelict for 5 years, I didn't use 6 barrels of water on that and its gleaming white.

About 300 is the most I have ever used I think, maybe 350? and that was from 8 in the morning til 8 at night on a big job running the entire time.

600 on a regular day seems insane to me, I mean fair play if its working for you that's great, I just can't get my head round it lol

Diwrnach

6 barrels on house where every window is very dirty,,, the air vents are full of dirt.... the amount of scrubbing and rinsing you got to do... the gap inbetween the sill... the seals.... the patio door hinges... full of them spider eggs and full of loads of other muck etc.

U should come out with me for the day and i will teach u a good few tricks matey

This entire conservatory which was also completely green, took about 3 barrels including the roof, the whole thing [media]

[/media]

Latest Posts

Back