Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

3mm pencil jets and supreme medium hybrid brush

paul1

HI guys going to put 3mm jets on my new medium brush from gardiner as seen a post saying works well with 3mm ?

question is will I use a lot more water using bigger jets or will it just be the same as 2mm ?

all the best guys, cheers

The amount of water used will still be the same as that is controlled by the pump

You will love 3mm jets Paul, they make rinsing much easier and faster,

More flow the better anyway!!

I've turned my flow back down and have no problems..not spending so long rinsing now I've been stick waggling a few months

Slow flow makes for slow work Dave, can't be refuted im afraid, I spent months with low flow, and when I upped the flow, it sped me up no end,

Many can testify to higher flow being faster for work, it's obvious really?!

The scrubbing takes the same amount of time and the rinsing for me is just as quick

If it sheets it rinses easy whether fast or slow and if phobic you have to rinse the same way whatever the flow

I could see the benefit with 3mm jets but with my 2mm i was just firing the water out so realised i wasn't benefiting as much as i thought

Agree with @daveyboy1 I have played around with high flow, low flow etc, I now have my back pack on the lowest setting and find I work exactly the same with a low flow and use lots less water, must admit I did at first think it was better with high flow, used it for two weeks but was using so much water it was crazy, turned it back down and still work the same but for much less water.

Perhaps it's cos you guys are using backpacks/trolleys,

Of course you'll use more water, but you can rinse so much faster, which saves loads of time, for me high flow is noticeably faster, slow flow just made it takes ages to get all the little bits to fall down the glass,

But water isn't an issue for me, I've got a 750l tank, you guys are carrying little 25l barrels about, so you probably can't afford to have high flow,

And yeah high flow with 2mm jets is horrible Dave, but 3mm jets stop any splattering, it's just amazing, like pouring water out of a jug, @Jonathan Sanderson was the one who told me to try it, I was sceptical, but my word has it sped me up...

I don't need to save any more time Jake

I struggle as it is to take my time if customer is in

I think 30 seconds to a minute per window cluster is fast enough lol

I can easily do 20 jobs in a day so no need to be greedy lol

More than a week, usually 8 days atleast, I spend much less time on the glass as the rinse is so fast

I like to save time Dave, i don't like to be rinsing windows for ages...

Suit yourself mate! I'm inly stating the fact that it's made me faster!

So even at 10 houses a day on a 5 day week your using less than 15 litres per house if you are getting more than a week out of a 750 tank. My flow rate does about 2 litres a min and is set about mid way so not really that high tbf, I personally couldnt do a decent job on a standard 4 bed detached with a decent sized conny with 7 mins of water flow. Dunno how you manage and do a decent job mate.

Trev a lot of my houses are average 3 bed jobbies and i can do 2 of them with 25l even with small conservatory

I couldn't do that with detached though of 4 beds as it would be too much glass

Average 2 up 2 down front and same back is easy to do 2 with 25l

So even at 10 houses a day on a 5 day week your using less than 15 litres per house if you are getting more than a week out of a 750 tank. My flow rate does about 2 litres a min and is set about mid way so not really that high tbf, I personally couldnt do a decent job on a standard 4 bed detached with a decent sized conny with 7 mins of water flow. Dunno how you manage and do a decent job mate.
Eh? Come and do a day with me and you'll see, also remember I still trad some of my houses (Althouhj that is petering out) and I turn the water off regularly,

You can't judge someone's ability to clean by the amount of water they use,

I'm on 75 flow, with 3mm jets, rinsing takes seconds

Trev a lot of my houses are average 3 bed jobbies and i can do 2 of them with 25l even with small conservatoryI couldn't do that with detached though of 4 beds as it would be too much glass

Well yeah agree with you there Dave, also of your turning off the water between windows you save even more

I know some don't like it but i run the hose on the outside so I can split my pole

When i need a good scrub round frames etc i often kink the hose in my hand to slow the flow right down to minimal which saves me water

And i can stop the flow between windows that way easily

I am not judging your ability @Jake , but cleaning a reasonable sized property using wfp requires a certain amount of water what ever the flow rate when your doing a decent job on the whole window/frames and most that I do have connies that seem to take a good while to get perfect each time, especially this time of year. I can be super fast if needed but don't need to be and wouldn't want to be as i think you can go too far in rushing and the customer might think your taking the ****! I am going to try and do my own house with 7 litres of pure and see if I can get a decent result, I have 11 windows 2 are patio doors and then 2 doors front and side with windows at the sides of them. Not knocking you jake just have yet to be able to get down to that level of water useage and keep my standard high.

Trev a lot of my houses are average 3 bed jobbies and i can do 2 of them with 25l even with small conservatoryI couldn't do that with detached though of 4 beds as it would be too much glass

Yeh I guess if they were all small homes it might be possible, but most of us have a good mix of house sizes throughout the week dont we? Maybe I will start using less the more fine tuned I become, you guys have been doing it longer than me! I have started to kink the hose between windows which does help, and also wiping the ground floor ledges and frames with a cloth before starting to clean. Connies seem to use alot for me!

Back