Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Genie Backpack / Trolley

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Ok, so as most know I run a full van set up but I still have a few tricky alleys etc that hauling the hose down can be a pain in the butt so I have just ordered a Water Genie Trolley / Backpack.

This is the setup in it's trolley mode

As you see here simply loosen off the two large screws here and you are in backpack mode.

It comes with a sprayer lance attached but I have removed this and added a quick release with inline tap so it will now 'quick connect' to all my poles.

The control set up here has the fuse, on / off switch. charger port and above that a variable flow controller.

Opposite side to the controls has a voltage meter so you know how much power you have left for the day.

The sales rep tells me that you can get six hours use from a single charge. We shall see. Tomorrow if I can get my mate to assist for 5 mins I will do a quick Youtube demonstration for you.

If you're interested I got mine from The Cleaning Warehouse in Wolverhampton. (Ask for Adam, I like to make him work) http://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/new--water-genie-backpacktrolley-5616-p.asp

You'll be surprised how long the batteries last

My one came from a kobold pump and battery in a box that said 10 25l drums for 1 charge

Forgot to charge it a couple of times and easily done 2 whole days with no issues and the led's were still in the green

It looks good Darren but if you are only using for backs etc a gardiners is only 6 quid more and has a built in handle so half full can be carried easily enough

It's a good looking one and the trolley idea is good but my preference is the gardiners

Let us know how you get on with it as i may get one as a backup for my diy trolley

It would be a good idea for you @Adams0211

im so torn on what backpack to get.i like this one, but the reccomendations of the gardiner is hard to ignore but has no wheels. then its the £85 kobola one on ebay.

i cant make my mind up but look forward to a vid in action

I bet £20 they are all made in the same district of China, probably in the same factory.

Gardiners are good, but can I say that The Cleaning Warehouse (Water Genie) have excellent customer service so I have no issues buying their product.

Also why would I pay more for one without the ability to be both a trolley or a backpack?

watch the gardinners vid and its stamped kobbola on bottom and ebay one is branded kobola. think the wcw big boy is too

It looks good Darren but if you are only using for backs etc a gardiners is only 6 quid more and has a built in handle so half full can be carried easily enoughIt's a good looking one and the trolley idea is good but my preference is the gardiners

Let us know how you get on with it as i may get one as a backup for my diy trolley

It would be a good idea for you @Adams0211
I'm still leaning towards the Gardiners one mate. I reckon a gardiners one on a half decent sack barrow will be better suited to someone using it all day. I think these water genies would be fine as a back up or for the odd window or house with tricky access but they don't look like they'd stand up to to heavy day to day use.

watch the gardinners vid and its stamped kobbola on bottom and ebay one is branded kobola. think the wcw big boy is too
The facelift one (wcw) is kobbold

I thought the gardiners one wasn't as it uses different fuse holder and charge indicator etc but all the kobold ones have the same

I may be wrong as it is yellow and blue like all the kobbold ones

Last edited by a moderator:
The only downside to it is the fuse is located inside it, to get to it you need to take it apart, which while not difficult is hard to do out and about as I found out when I pulled it over and the fuse shattered.

I personal go with the wcw orange one. Had mine over 2 & half years now & although the flow connector don't work no more still going strong. And has a handle on it.

I will get a backpack soon to go with my diy trolley

Realised when i knackered my brush that you need to have backups of everything or the ladders need to come out

i a greee that the water genie is great i got this from them

for me its three things

a rodi cart for instant reverse osmosis, has a booster

a van mount just attach it to your van and itl do a great job 2l per minute no booster 3.5l with booster

or just take all the stuff off its a trolley for drums

now they made it really simple and all the parts are replacable

and it only cost 1000 pound

others take about 3500 for the same story

View attachment 5583

Back