Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WINTERS COMING

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jordan

i have done a winter already window cleaning but last year i wasn't prepared

I'm cleaning the traditional way by hand-

I wore a coat trainers and tracksuit bottoms

i brought some neoprene gloves £30

Does anyone recommend any gloves ???to use as i tried the neoprene and my hands were freezing!!

what do other trad window cleaners do as if i wear gloves i'm always putting water on my strip washer and dipping my cloth into the bucket??so my gloves are getting wet

what happens if your hands are so cold you can hardly hold your squeegee do you carry a warm water bottle or maybe a bucket of hot water??

Sorry it sounds stupid but i just don't know how to keep working in the cold conditions i found myself last year sitting in the van every 5 mins

Cheers

I just put on gloves in the morning on the way to the first job,and by the time I get there my hands are toasty. For the rest of the day I am fine with just bare hands. Maybe try not getting your hands in the bucket, just change out for fresh cloths when needed.

Used neoprene myself and its :turd:. I gonna get some sealskinz heard they are warm and keep water out and they seem managble when it comes to using the rag for details.

Don't use a bucket in the winter

Use a bottle of soap/water mix and keep applicator wet like that

No need to get wet hands then

I don't bother with gloves but i keep my hands dry like that

If applicator gets a bit dirty use a customers tap to rinse it and shake the excess off

Keep hands dry and you'll be fine

Suffer it, there were some really cold winters 07,08,09 & 2010, the years I worked for someone, and it was COLD!!!!

Never wore gloves, hands got so cold eventually theyd burn, then the pain goes away, I used to wear two pairs of thick socks and basketball boots when it was really cold lol!!

We were dipping in and out of the bucket, and that's horrific, wish we'd worn gloves, but we were convinced they would be so wet that it would make our scrims wet and make detailing difficult,

So - just try and get through it, it's horrible, but that's all you can do really...

the best gloves for winter,try skytec argon gloves.from screw fix.there excellent.also try neat screen wash on your applicator & diluted in your buckey or bottles.if below -0 & cleaning trad- I use cold water.if you use warm water it freezes much quicker in my opinion

If below 0 trad with pure

It has a lot lower freeIng point

Scientists have manged to purify water to such an extent it didn't freeze until -48c as it needs a particle of solid to use as a nucleus for ice crystals

Add any impurities and it would instantly freeze

Latest Posts

Back