Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin changing time

nearlyclean

I use DI vessel to make my water pure,This week my TDS is at about 004 ppm not really high and you could carry on cleaning windows.

Went and got a bag of Tulsion 115 resin and over the weekend going to replace the resin and start the week off with 000 ppm :D

I let you know how I get on and take some photos

And no I am not going to spread the old resin on my flower beds LOL being oil based its better to send it to landfill

A boring job but has to be done

Di04

Di03

Di02

Di

Di05

Don't throw your old resin away just yet - stick it in a bag somewhere.

Reason why: -

It is possible to regenerate your old resin, and use it again.

I have got all the bits together, but haven't got round to doing it yet - one of my to do jobs.

Hopefully will make a vid early June.

In the meantime, this link gives most of the info needed:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2008-09/nftt/index.php

They refer to Muriatic acid, this is also known as hydrochloric acid, and is available from a lot of small diy/ironmongers who sell Spirits of salt - also pretty much the same thing - just slightly diluted.

I saw a link to regenerating old resin a few months ago but didn't like the idea of messing about with chems and I only have to change about 6 months

Also I think that is the difference between virgin bead resin and the cheaper stuff.

Fair comment - I know it doesn't last as long, but it can be regenerated several times.

I suppose the old question about how many windows could I have cleaned while messing about with chemicals does come to mind - I think I just like to tinker & have little projectson the go.

Nothing wrong with that,if you can recycle resin that is good and if I had a few operatives working and having to change resin regular I would be regenerating the stuff too to save me money.

Is tulsion really the best resin? only reason i ask is i have it and change my DI every two months and am not using that much water although my system is di only

I use the 115 which I think is the best,Have you tried running through 2 DI the first as a pre-filter second to polish this will make the resin last longer.

And it is only lasting a couple of months,let it go to about 010 ppm or even higher and you will get a little more time out of it and it wont make much difference for one clean

Ye i usually let it go to 10-15 and have no probs i have cleaned at 50 with still no probs but don't like to really. Just seemed a lot of changing when i don't use that much water

whats the ppm of your tap water? mine is about 285. resin did 2 months probably about 1800 litres and that was anout 17kg of tulsion.. wooo dont think i mad much of a profit with cost like that on top of diesel... shud have bought a diesel smart car... really need a ro unit... i was wondering peeps ***uld it be a problem as i have nowhere to store a tank for ro and cant leave van anywhere near my property so would it be a problem if an ro unit was running in the van recirculating the water in the tank??? would that work or cause any problems???
I think you would be better off with a merlin R/O but you get loads of waste with 285 ppm

My Tap water is about 80-90
What size DI are you using? Larger vessel will help you resin last longer and slower water pressure will help 11 L or 25 L http://www.surecleansystems.com/proddetail.asp?prod=185

Yes that is why I wanted do only as you have loads of waist water and our tap is only 80-90

I have two di vessels think they are 6.5L each.

Maybe time to get bigger ones.

Never thought about pressure I can usually fill my 300L tank in half hour via both vessels

obviously takes longer to fill up but the resin doesn't have to work as hard,I give them a good shake every week to expel any channels that may form in the resin.

Back