Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RHYS2015

best way to clean gutter / fascia etc? off ladders by hand not WFP! ?

CHWS

The best and easiest way in my opinion is power wash it, forget ubik etc , if it is caked on green algae power hose it and then get up the ladder and dry it off , iv found this to be no quicker but a hell of alot easier than elbow grease, especially when your reaching above your head constantly

Markyboy 50

I only clear the gutters out. To lazy to clean soffits and gutters outside. No one knows how much rubbish is in them. Often quite clear. I have a contract with an old peoples home. I clean their gutters out once a year. Takes 8 hours for £770. I do have the decency to turn up for a few hours over 2 days so they think I've been there a while

Danfire

I usually base my prices on £3 a meter to empty the gutter than £2 a meter for each extra, gutter, Facia and soffit cleaned so £11 a meter or £10 if I'm in a charitable mood. That makes about £70 a side for everything, would go extra if they are awful.

Markyboy 50

I just look at em and do a guesstimate. All depends on my mood

AEG
That's a good idea on the vid but why the tap at the top of the pole. Unless yer 15ft you can't turn it on or off??

Also I always use tfr.

I put a bit on the brush & it's brilliant.

When collapsed can be turned off, Saves loads of water. If put on the bottom gets dragged and broken very quickly.

Dave B
Hi Dave did you make one these up in the end? just wondering if you found it useful. looks like a good idea to me but I'll need to a coil of air hose.

I never did in the end

I got sidetracked and forgot all about it

It definitely would be usefull though

Posh

Think I need to start charging more for mine. Did one last week. Clean gutter out took 10 mins with the gutter vac. (Not a lot on it) at the back. Cleaned facias front & back took 3 quarter of an hour. Cleaned con roof, just 6 panels of plastic glass took 15 mins. So all told about hour & half. Use his next door neighbors hose as he don't have outside tap. He's a customer of my missis & disabled so did it all for £40. Then this old "chap" only rang me to say I'd missed a bit of green on his connie roof. Was only doing the glass. I also cleared his garage guttering. Think I might show him some of the prices you lot charge & then see what he says.

sllab
Think I need to start charging more for mine. Did one last week. Clean gutter out took 10 mins with the gutter vac. (Not a lot on it) at the back. Cleaned facias front & back took 3 quarter of an hour. Cleaned con roof, just 6 panels of plastic glass took 15 mins. So all told about hour & half. Use his next door neighbors hose as he don't have outside tap. He's a customer of my missis & disabled so did it all for £40. Then this old "chap" only rang me to say I'd missed a bit of green on his connie roof. Was only doing the glass. I also cleared his garage guttering. Think I might show him some of the prices you lot charge & then see what he says.

Its always the ones you do the favors for that end up being the biggest PITA.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.