Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

any one recommend a van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

F

firefly123

i have a transit connect past its sell by date now need some thing bigger but not a large van ie transit

Peugeot partner. My mate john the mechanic reckons if you change the oil every year on these they are one of the best diesel engines out there

I have a Peugeot partner 1.6 hdi for sale! It's absolutely mint

Owned by Cheshire breakdown and recovery maintaining all the police cars

Yes the hdi is reliable but can suffer massive turbo failure

Service them every 5000 not the recommended 10,000 and you'll have no issues

Peugeot partner. My mate john the mechanic reckons if you change the oil every year on these they are one of the best diesel engines out there
Oil needs changing every 5000 and sump dropping to clean the carbon it's this that causes the turbo failure

i have a transit connect past its sell by date now need some thing bigger but not a large van ie transit
imageGen.ashx
try exeter deisels chriss

As you say that stevie I have a 1.6 hdi, was giving out black smoke and I got the egr valve cleaned out, still was doing it, 2 weeks later the turbo blew got it sorted done the timing belt and 2 new tyres, 3 days later turbo went again , mechanic got the turbo under warranty if he changed the oil pump also , he also bypassed the do filter and the egr valve with a remap, 3 days later turbo went again!! Presently under warranty with the turbo again and now he has to dig down deep into this carbon build up , these vans are so bad the majority of places won't offer warranty with the turbo , my opinion don't buy a french van !!! Vw all the way

As you say that stevie I have a 1.6 hdi, was giving out black smoke and I got the egr valve cleaned out, still was doing it, 2 weeks later the turbo blew got it sorted done the timing belt and 2 new tyres, 3 days later turbo went again , mechanic got the turbo under warranty if he changed the oil pump also , he also bypassed the do filter and the egr valve with a remap, 3 days later turbo went again!! Presently under warranty with the turbo again and now he has to dig down deep into this carbon build up , these vans are so bad the majority of places won't offer warranty with the turbo , my opinion don't buy a french van !!! Vw all the way
***DPF filter

Like Stevie says change the oil on a regular basis and it resolves this. As I've mentioned on here before, Danny who works for me also has an expert that our mutual friend services, and its done over 270,000 miles and still pulling like a shire horse

Back