Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin Again....

Tuffers

It was at 001PPM coming through the vessel on Wednesday, 002PPM on Thursday. About 500 litres have passed through during this time and I shake the vessel before every tank fill. I've just checked the TDS and it has shot up to 014PPM :eek:. The same thing happened last time the resin had gone off. I use Tulsion MB-115 by the way. Now, I have a small amount of resin left (about 7 litres) and a brand new bag. Would you be tempted to use the 7 litres from the old bag and top up with the new bag or fill the vessel with the resin from the new bag? I'm tempted to use just resin from the new bag and keep a close eye on the TDS when it starts creeping up. If it does shoot up like my last lot I think I might try another brand for a change. I bought the latest bag from @doug atkinson, so I'm interested to see what my findings will be.

Anyone else noticing a quick rise in TDS?

Think yourself lucky, my last fill (11ltr vessel) lasted for Five tank fills (500ltr), same resin as yours!!
Gulp :eek:

I must say that there is a different odour coming from the resin I bought from Doug, it smells like bleach, all the other Tulsion I've used has had a fishy smell to it. If this bag doesn't last I might try Purolite.

Anyone want to club together and buy in bulk?http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/purolite-mb400-mixed-bed-ion-exchange_60063625843.html:thumbsup:

It was at 001PPM coming through the vessel on Wednesday, 002PPM on Thursday. About 500 litres have passed through during this time and I shake the vessel before every tank fill. I've just checked the TDS and it has shot up to 014PPM :eek:. The same thing happened last time the resin had gone off. I use Tulsion MB-115 by the way. Now, I have a small amount of resin left (about 7 litres) and a brand new bag. Would you be tempted to use the 7 litres from the old bag and top up with the new bag or fill the vessel with the resin from the new bag? I'm tempted to use just resin from the new bag and keep a close eye on the TDS when it starts creeping up. If it does shoot up like my last lot I think I might try another brand for a change. I bought the latest bag from @doug atkinson, so I'm interested to see what my findings will be.
Anyone else noticing a quick rise in TDS?
Exact reason I swapped to u get getting defo more water and no probs

I use tulsion resin,its defo not lasting as long as it usually does?infact have to order more soon!!

Tuffers,

Do a quick check on your vessel by putting a plastic bag around the bottom filter of your riser tube. In effect no water should come out of the inlet.

Turn you water on and if water comes out then you have a problem.

Tuffers,
Do a quick check on your vessel by putting a plastic bag around the bottom filter of your riser tube. In effect no water should come out of the inlet.

Turn you water on and if water comes out then you have a problem.
Thanks Doug, I've just done the test and I can confirm no water came out, but I did get piggin soaked when I disconnected the hose joining both DI's :eek::confused:

Unger resin - mb115 is not lasting as it should , it was good at one point but I'm buying 2 bags of it time I've used 1 unger

so either unger up the game with resin and not said nothing or tulsion have gone poo

Unger resin - mb115 is not lasting as it should , it was good at one point but I'm buying 2 bags of it time I've used 1 unger
so either unger up the game with resin and not said nothing or tulsion have gone poo
Totally agree since swapping to unger I'm getting more than 2 weeks more out of the resin than when I was using tulsion

Back