Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

hardcore cooking oil removal!

sambo

I have a customer who owns some MaccyDs and I have pressure washed one of them for her with my fairly decent pressure washer

http://www.sitebox.ltd.uk/clarke-pls200ah-hd-petrol-power-washer-2940psi-oclarke_7330300

and it didn't even properly scratch the surface on the bin area covered in old cooking oil etc. Customer was happy because the patio etc came up beautifully (although chewing gum took a fookin age.) She rang me and wants me to do three drivethrus and bin areas on a monthly basis but is aware that what I have isn't best suited for the task but likes my attitude/sexy body/charisma and wants me to do them.

My first thought was a hot wash pressure washer but looking at £000sssss so wondered if pre soaking in degreaser would do the job? Also diesel and petrol spills in the drive through would be an issue. Easier chewing gum removal also a must - is there a better nozzle of this (at present the PW has a lance with standard nozzle that is not changable so would need new gun.

Neat virosol cleans oil stains off block paving..lifts it and then blast away

Cheers I'll give it a go. Be pretty expensive though with the sq yardage
It should be easy enough to add a tenner to the bill for a bottle of the stuff. Once diluted it goes a long way. Ubik is a great degreaser too and its food safe.

5 litres diluted 10:1 will give you 50 litres which is plenty

Little bit of neat scrubbed into stubborn bits

I had à gearbox oil stain on my block paving and just sprayed a little on whenever i could see rain coming

Most of it went in the rain over a few weeks

get in contact with these guys. i nearly bought into the franchise a few years ago and met with their in house scientists that create all sorts of cleaning chemicals. explain what you need they have thousands of products. thy have an oil based microbe that actually eat oil. not cheapest but highly recomended a call/email. http://chemexuk.com

Cheers guys I'll do some experimenting. Didnt realise Ubik was foodsafe so useful info

Back