Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

too much time off

Dave B

Staff member
Not been to the gym for a few weeks as my neck and shoulder have been giving me gip

Went back this evening and now am suffering big time

Strawberrys and cream protein shake and some ibuprofen and I'm starting to recover

Tomorrow is gonna be hard work as got a quiet day so am leafletting for half of it and just did full body including a lot of legs

Why do we do these things to ourselves

Whats time of working 8 to 12.30 then painting and decorating new house then packing old house up in evening last 3 nights in bed for 2 up at 6 for more groundhog day....

I haven't been able to lift for nearly a year now with my knee, but think a new physio may have cracked it, fingers crossed be lifting again shortly yay

Amazing how a couple of weeks out and you're fooked when you go back

Although i did have a good session and think the muscles appreciated the rest as was lifting heavy with no problems

I'm dreading seeing what my numbers are like when I start again, though I know it will come back quickly.

Is that when you diet for 3 months then paint yourself with creosote? /emoticons/tongue.png

I found strong lifts 5x5 was a good way to reintroduce myself to lifting after a spell out (rotator cuff) but have had trouble with knees my whole life following a number of football injuries.

Stronglifts is decent to get going, but it does miss some areas.

Will get your deadlift/squat up quickly though, but its a hell of a lot of squatting in one week, once the weights start to get heavy its way to much.

I change it up all the time..mostly i train like i was boxing again but find weight wize i benefit most from heavy days..light days and everything in between

My favourite if i want a good session is 10x10 compound lifts with about 65%-70% of max

Killer but you certainly shock those muscles

I don't want to be huge but what i do keeps me strong and in shape

If i do 10x10 and can complete the last 2 sets i haven't done it right..last 2 end up more like 7 than 10

My cardio nowadays involves the bags in the boxing area at the gym or the kettlebells

If i want to do cardio out of the gym i will go for a 5k run but i don't run or cycle at the gym

I train at home, have maybe a tonne of Olympic weight, power rack, FID bench etc, did have a leg press but decided after using it for awhile and leg pressing a million KG that it was for *** boys /emoticons/tongue.png

Ive been on and off with gym this year, i have a bit of a conundrum as my other hobby is road cycling and the two dont go hand in hand at all. At the minute im training more like a fighter, lots of reps, lots of cardio and lots of calisthetics. Hill reps on the bike does enough for the legs so in the gym its just upper body

My shoulder and neck are worrrying me a bit as still quite sore

Could feel it big time every time i extended my arms doing lat pulldowns

Don't know what's best to do about it..train through it or get it looked at

My shoulder and neck are worrrying me a bit as still quite soreCould feel it big time every time i extended my arms doing lat pulldowns

Don't know what's best to do about it..train through it or get it looked at
After being out for a year with injuries, stop lifting until its better, training through it is fail.

I think it depends davey

whenever im sore from say heavy squatts i must rest until they hurt no more before i go again, otherwise i wont be able to walk for a week if i try to work through it, i think people bodys respond differently

Back