Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washing in Winter?

Ben23

Evening all,

Haven't been on here for a while as have been focusing on my end of season garden services and doing the odd driveway/patio washing job here and there

What I wanted to ask today is if there's much call for pressure washing in the winter? its my first year with this service in my arsenal and the summer was fairly good with a lot of work from existing customers, the problem is that I want to expand and reach new clients with an advertising campaign in the local paper, but aren't sure whether its worth doing it now or better to lock down the business as per usual until the spring and really push the pressure washing aspect when the winters over?

Anyway I'd appreciate any feedback you guys might have from your own experiances with this service over the winter.

Cheers

Ben

Dead quiet for me, @Eviestevie seems to stay busy, but I think on the whole, it isn't gonna be on customers minds in the winter,

It's defo a spring/summer job really

Ah right, thought it might be, not a big problem as im fine with the end of season work until we get into December but wondered if it was worth pushing over the winter to keep me from losing my mind out of boredom /emoticons/smile.png

Ah right, thought it might be, not a big problem as im fine with the end of season work until we get into December but wondered if it was worth pushing over the winter to keep me from losing my mind out of boredom /emoticons/smile.png
Im saving the big leaflet drive for my customers till spring, when it's gonna be most likely for them to want it done :thumbsup:

No one wants a clean patio in winter, as there never outside...

I picked massive one up today but I pushed hard in summer and have them lined up till end jan and all paid deposits for booking date

I picked massive one up today but I pushed hard in summer and have them lined up till end jan and all paid deposits for booking date
It baffles me how you get so much pw work Evie!!

It baffles me how you get so much pw work Evie!!
Mate I pushed it hard all summer with the leaflets and selling it to customers

I have 400 customers all with **** drives lol and they all have family so it really went from there

I thought I'd get a couple but God I was wrong

I turned 2 down last week because wanted doin ASAP told them spring

I haven't had a weekend off since april

Remember you saying mate, good work!

My leaflets are done, come April I'm gonna post a leaflet through all customers doors and really push it!

Ive been getting most of my work from my maintenance customers but have yet to receive a call from leaflet drops to non existing customers houses....its a bit of a drag as you can see they need it doing but it dosent seem to cross their minds around here.....hence why I thought a newspaper ad/paid editorial might perk things up a bit. dosent seem a lot of point if its not a big winter thing though as I don't want to damage the winter fund too badly if its unlikley to get a return

Ive been getting most of my work from my maintenance customers but have yet to receive a call from leaflet drops to non existing customers houses....its a bit of a drag as you can see they need it doing but it dosent seem to cross their minds around here.....hence why I thought a newspaper ad/paid editorial might perk things up a bit. dosent seem a lot of point if its not a big winter thing though as I don't want to damage the winter fund too badly if its unlikley to get a return
I would only ever leaflet the houses I window clean, as they trust me and are more likely to have it done, I wouldn't bother with houses you don't clean at all, as you might only get one in 100, you know what people are like with 'junk mail' it goes straight in the bin!

Top tip book them in for an annual clean at a discount, I would say at least 50% of all drives patios I have done this year are booked in for next, and some are booked in for the year after that, also have some booked next year from last year as well, I figure in another 2 or 3 years time my summers will be fully booked a year in advance or more.

I would only ever leaflet the houses I window clean, as they trust me and are more likely to have it done, I wouldn't bother with houses you don't clean at all, as you might only get one in 100, you know what people are like with 'junk mail' it goes straight in the bin!
Not what I have found, but I have sneaky leaflets...... I get maybe 1 in 20, off 30 I put out a couple of months back I got around £500 of work off them, admittedly that was on VERY large houses.

My leaflets have a 20% off voucher on them, and also on them have a price for patio/drive/path and a place for the date of quote, the voucher only lasts for 14 days from the date of quote on the leaflet.

Works like a charm.

Well I got loads of jobs lined up but I don't actually have a proper pressure washer ...

Been using customers Karcher !

My leaflets have a 20% off voucher on them, and also on them have a price for patio/drive/path and a place for the date of quote, the voucher only lasts for 14 days from the date of quote on the leaflet.
Works like a charm.
Good idea, to be honest I don't ever leaflet these days, but my idea was to post my new pressure washings leaflets through my customers doors as I'm window cleaning them next spring

Good idea, to be honest I don't ever leaflet these days, but my idea was to post my new pressure washings leaflets through my customers doors as I'm window cleaning them next spring
I agree Jake much easier working for existing clients

Can't be arsed knocking on doors if the round is full

Works like a charm.
Love to have a look at that leaflet, sound the dogs hahaha

Latest Posts

Back