Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

hose on the outside

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steve garwood

ginger lion
Right, I've just been outside and taken my hose out of the pole to try it on the outside. Had a little play with it and it feels really weird. How do you lads who do this control the hose from flapping all over the shop?

Steve I tried it as well, after we spoke about it, and... HATED IT!!!!!

So hose is back up though pole, and I'm just gonna make sure to clean it every few days,

It gets caught on all sorts, looks messy, feels weird, bashes into windows etc etc

I have an extra 30m of hose arriving monday with tap and rectus 21 fittings to go in my trolley so am gonna try running my old hose on the inside and see what happens

Just grip the hose with your left/right hand while holding the pole.

You soon get the hang of it.

Had mine outside for 2 years now. The thing I like is no 30ft hose sticking out the bottom of my pole.

I am cutting the old hose to just stick out the end so i can disconnect at the tap where it joins and leave the hose on the trolley

No the hose will be the length of the pole fully extended so when closed only a bit of hose will be out the end like most people do..i just meant i wouldn't have 30ft of hose hanging out the end like posh said

With the hose on the outside i always disconnect at the brush with my push fit connection

You woul @daveyboy1 if you had a 30ft pole. Whatever length your pole is extended is the amount of hose sticking out the bottom. I disconnect mine at the brush with a push in connection. So my hose is connected to the push in connection with 2 short hoses going to the coming out the push in connections to the jets. So I just disconnect at the brush. No trailing hose.

I thought you meant 30m posh lol

I have the same connector but the y not the t

I like the john guest fittings

Only ever had it inside, don't see a reason to change really?
This thread was based around a previous thread dirwnach, about how in winter the pole gets full of dirt and ruins the pole, grates, and scratches it...

So we were saying that putting the hose on the outside would help, but i tried it and hated it, so gonna just start to clean the pole more often,

It's only an issue when it's damp and wet, as then the hose attracts all the grit and drags it up the pole

I have a rag in the pick up I just run the hose through it a couple of times a day.

I get my hose traped on bushes, trees, plants, rocks, bricks, wall corners, car tyres, plant pots, kids bikes etc etc etc enough as it is without even more flapping about lol

I have a rag in the pick up I just run the hose through it a couple of times a day.
I get my hose traped on bushes, trees, plants, rocks, bricks, wall corners, car tyres, plant pots, kids bikes etc etc etc enough as it is without even more flapping about lol
Yeah I wipe it down each time I put it back in the van, but sometimes after one house it's completly chocka block fill of grit, and it makes the pole stiff and scratchy...

So @steve garwood wanted to try it on outside as well, but yeah it's horrible!!

so diwrnach having it inside doesn't solve the tangle issue AND risks your pole.

my pole was around $1,000.00 cad i cannot believe anyone would risk dragging **** inside it and creating a frequent cleaning job for themselves that in no way guarantees the safety of the pole. EVERY SINGLE TIME you extend your pole you risk pulling something inside it.

ya seatbelt...i use mine if i think i might have an accident. when i'm working with my power tools i put on my safety glasses when i see something about to hit my eye. i buy gas when i run out. gas filter for my vehicle...i took it out, i'll put it back if i think i might be buying dirty gas.

and remember son...look both ways before you cross the street IF you think there's cars coming.

there is not a single valid reason for hose in pole anywhere in this thread and obviously those that developed a personal liking for it will not change but for those new to wfp i beg you do not play russian roulette with your pole!!!

Back