Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help needed

moonpig

hey guys I'm using a grippa tank set up its wicked very powerful light poles but just can't seem to get every little bit of dirt out of the gutters there is always a little bit left in the edges but when I say little I mean not much at all. What would you guys use to get this little bit out or would you be happy with the way they are left ? I know it's hard to say or have a opinion on it with out me posting pics but does anyone else have this problem. I've thought of modding a thin brush with pencil jets in to give them a little scrub after got everything I can out with gutter vac but I might just be over thinking everything and there actually fine.

Yes I was thinking that I don't think I have any on my GoPro as I get rid of them after showing custy. I've got one to do Tuesday so will post pics then before and after so you can see what I mean.

you never get it all out with a vac, but it gets them clear enough to work correctly again. Don't worry about it, or if you do just go up on the ladder after to get the little bits that are stuck on off.

Yeh i was know no of thing the same hence the reason I was going to mod a wall papering brush to fit on the end of the pole with a pencil jet. The other reason for doing that is customers love a sparking clean gutter. Could even sell that inside clean as a add on ;-) haha

Ahh no trev I was on about gutter clearing but was talking about modding a brush to fit inside the gutter after I have gutter vac it out to get it as white as the outside I always take pics after and in the photos it allways shows up the tiny little bit and 9 times out of 10 the coustomer will allways say oh you have missed a bit.

Ahh no trev I was on about gutter clearing but was talking about modding a brush to fit inside the gutter after I have gutter vac it out to get it as white as the outside I always take pics after and in the photos it allways shows up the tiny little bit and 9 times out of 10 the coustomer will allways say oh you have missed a bit.
Don't take after pics then :rofl:

I've not come by any that want them clean like the outside, don't promise them that higher standard as some will be pigs to do, the idea of a gutter clear is to clear all debris so they work as they should do, the onyl time I wipe out gutters is on connys if I have done the job too quick and have time to kill.

Hahaha yeh I guess that would be a simple way of solving the problem. But it is something I say to the custys to up sell it as quite a lot of the gutters I clear out are for old people that can't get up ladders them selfs so me taking after pics is what gets me the work.

If it works for you n all that mate, but you don't need to show them pics after or clean them up internally, just open your vac and show them the **** you got out, thats enough for my customers, sometimes I leave the last jobs in too :rofl::rofl:

Yeh maybe it's just me over thinking it and thinking that they expect it as clean as the outside but I guess in the grand scheme of things I have done exactly what I said I would do. Deffo not going to take after pics anymore for them just use GoPro for my own viewing and of course for you lot :) and open the Hoover and show them instead what I got out.

If it works for you n all that mate, but you don't need to show them pics after or clean them up internally, just open your vac and show them the **** you got out, thats enough for my customers, sometimes I leave the last jobs in too :rofl::rofl:
And stick your hand in the :turd: to show them exactly how much you've sucked out :thumbsup:

A lot of the matter in the gutters won't come out depending on the gutter profile. Last few I did by ladder as I offer after pics too and need to show a good pic. Ladder is better unless there's poor access.

Modding some end tools with bristles to aid getting the dirt is a good idea, and end tools to get into smal gaps, but that still won't deal with tough debris.

I tried to be ladder-less but I fail to see how any one can offer a genuine 100% ladder less gutter clear service, I see a few around

I take before and after pics if they are particularly bad in the first place, I do by ladder though so can see what I'm doing up there. I use the pro gutter tools and then drag a cloth along the inside of the gutter after all the gunk is out, I use the extendable pole to push then pull the cloth along the inside, take a pic then show the customer the before/after pics along with the **** ive taken out. youll never get every last bit of dirt out of them unless your washing them out, which then adds to your time. never had a customer complain or say ive missed a bit after the pics, even if there is a little bit of dirt/moss left

Back