Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eviestevie

A big opportunity!!!

Green Pro Clean Ltd

The reason I like the sound of it Stevie is the manufacturer is not only telling you but meeting you to show you how to inspect, clean and the (secret) their installations. So you are working to their standard from the start.

But be advised I am only willing to partake if I get a t-shirt and sticker for my van :)) Ooohhh.... don't forget certificates!!

Eviestevie

You will actually get a sticker lol that's just for van on there sites to to say we're there contractors

In house training and full training of there panels is the proper way to do things and it's all part of there selling point and maintenance program

They have over 400 projects on the go already

Jake

Sounds legit and well run,

Plus, Evie is a down to earth bloke, makes it even more appealing

Dave B

Omg how are you guys who are so busy all the time gonna find time to help Stevie??

Or are you going for £400 per day now:rofl:

Well done @Eviestevie

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Find time by proper planning of schedules and delegating correctly Davey.

With the number of lads you seem to have in your van how are you not on £400+ per day?

TolishAPurd
Omg how are you guys who are so busy all the time gonna find time to help Stevie??

Or are you going for £400 per day now:rofl:

Well done @Eviestevie

giphy.gif

Jake

Why would time be an issue? There's loads of time to take to on more work, you just drop the naff work, and/or get more staff...

Tuffers
Find time by proper planning of schedules and delegating correctly Davey.

With the number of lads you seem to have in your van how are you not on £400+ per day?

I thought @daveyboy1 was a one man band?

Green Pro Clean Ltd

@Tuffers I (for some reason) always confuse Davey and Boars.

Perhaps it's cause they type with the same accent :P

If Davey is riding solo then yes £400 per day can be tough but should be hitting £395 without breaking a sweat! :))

Guest Solar Steve

I've read this and there are probably a few people face-palming already!

Firstly, @Eviestevie i admire your ambition. I know nothing about your current business, but I can tell you from my own experience that it is possible to go from a single van operation, to multiple and a national network of contractors. It takes time and a huge amount of time, but it can be done. I hope you succeed.

As has been well documented on here, I have a national network of trained solar panel cleaners, including Ireland. I believe this is the very thing you we looking for.

I'd be more than happy to plug any gaps in the UK that you or the other guys can't cover.

It has been implicated that I pay my Approved Contractors pennies for their work, virtual slave labour. By implying this, people may well be shooting themselves in the foot. People are saying they will help you out with this work, but they will evidently want a reasonable days pay. If we continue with that line of reasoning, I may well be your best option because I have the coverage you are after and can do it for pennies and you will have a bigger profit margin. Other interested parties may not have seen it like that before posting.

Much of that is said tongue in cheek, but this sounds like it may be the biggest contract you have dealt with so far. If you go for it and get it, you can spend days and days of your time building your network, or make a phone call to me and we can provide the coverage you need.

In short, we are available if you need us.

Guest Solar Steve

Just one word of warning, one of the parties who is expressing their interest in your potential contract slammed me about the training course. He then PM'd me and apologised, asking more questions about the course. After I had answered them, he asked me to book him and a second person as he requested a place on the course and he was keen to attend. We duly booked his places, PAID the hotel for his booking, invoiced him and a second person at his request and sent out the invoices. They were not paid and the individual later said he could not attend due to his picking up a large contract.

I mention it only because people make promises and deliver very little. This can be damaging to your plans and cost you money, especially when you are dealing with the scale of this potential contract. Just sharing my experience with you.

Jake
So Jake you couldn't physically do it without altering the work you already have then

.that's my point

I am @Tuffers

Eh? If it's worth while, you'd simply get rid of a few bad payers/houses,

Or get more staff, it depends on what the work is like,

I've got lots of large contracts that I fit Inbetween window cleaning now and it works nicely,

I have two subbies that work with me on any large work, it would be fine...

Not sure why you can't just be happy,

Jealous? :P

It might not happen, but as far as I'm concerned it's a good opportunity if Evie decides to go for it...

Jake
@Tuffers I (for some reason) always confuse Davey and Boars.

Perhaps it's cause they type with the same accent :P

If Davey is riding solo then yes £400 per day can be tough but should be hitting £395 without breaking a sweat! :))

Met boar, not Dave, not sure about accent as Dave never speaks in his vids

TolishAPurd
I've read this and there are probably a few people face-palming already!

Firstly, @Eviestevie i admire your ambition. I know nothing about your current business, but I can tell you from my own experience that it is possible to go from a single van operation, to multiple and a national network of contractors. It takes time and a huge amount of time, but it can be done. I hope you succeed.

As has been well documented on here, I have a national network of trained solar panel cleaners, including Ireland. I believe this is the very thing you we looking for.

I'd be more than happy to plug any gaps in the UK that you or the other guys can't cover.

It has been implicated that I pay my Approved Contractors pennies for their work, virtual slave labour. By implying this, people may well be shooting themselves in the foot. People are saying they will help you out with this work, but they will evidently want a reasonable days pay. If we continue with that line of reasoning, I may well be your best option because I have the coverage you are after and can do it for pennies and you will have a bigger profit margin. Other interested parties may not have seen it like that before posting.

Much of that is said tongue in cheek, but this sounds like it may be the biggest contract you have dealt with so far. If you go for it and get it, you can spend days and days of your time building your network, or make a phone call to me and we can provide the coverage you need.

In short, we are available if you need us.

Never thought I would ever hit the 'agree' button for you Steve, but here you go, *click*.

It amazes me that people that are supposedly snowed under with work, and bringing in the big money, are pushing for work off someone else.:confused:

The logic seems flawed. "Getting rid of the shit work". So that implies that the money is shit, so where do these figures of "200 a day before lunch" get pulled from, when all this shit work is available to be dumped at the drop of a hat?o_O

And if so many people are prepared to work for Evie, what sort of rate do they think they are going to get that will replace the thousands of pounds they earn already? If Evies to take any kind of a decent cut from this job, how can he do that whilst paying this small fortune in wages....whilst still being even mildly competitive?o_O

Lots of people spouting off about how much money they earn on this forum, and yet every other post from these people is about canvassing or big out of the blue jobs....where do people find the time for these huge jobs without sacrificing there regular rounds? And if people are so busy, why are they always talking of canvassing?

I remember Smurf making a post like this many moons back effectively saying "cut the bulls***":BS:. I knew what he was talking about then, but its is even more obvious now.

:coffee:

Most importantly though, congratulations Evie, sounds like a beaut you've landed if you organise this right. :thumbsup:

Jake

Tolosh, I have never gone on about money per day, search the forum and you won't find me bragging about money at all,

Nothing wrong with stating how much you get for a job, but I don't brag, and I don't go on about earning £200 a day.

I've never claimed to have earnt £xxx,

In fact Dave is the one that's always going on about money, even posting a pic of a load of notes a few weeks back (and that's fine Dave)

But I certainly don't do that,

And there's nothing wrong with helping Evie out, should he get the work,

Why does it matter so much to you? Just live and let be mate, do what you wanna do, and we'll do what we wanna do,

Also I never talk of canvassing, ever, so nothing you said applies to me,

There is always more work to be had, and if it's better than the work you've already got, then you'd surely take it on and drop less profitable work...

TolishAPurd
Tolosh, I have never gone on about money per day, search the forum and you won't find me bragging about money at all,

Nothing wrong with stating how much you get for a job, but I don't brag, and I don't go on about earning £200 a day.

I've never claimed to have earnt £xxx,

In fact Dave is the one that's always going on about money, even posting a pic of a load of notes a few weeks back (and that's fine Dave)

But I certainly don't do that,

And there's nothing wrong with helping Evie out, should he get the work,

Why does it matter so much to you? Just live and let be mate, do what you wanna do, and we'll do what we wanna do,

Also I never talk of canvassing, ever, so nothing you said applies to me,

There is always more work to be had, and if it's better than the work you've already got, then you'd surely take it on and drop less profitable work...

Please don't take personally, its just something that needed to be said. Not all of its aimed at you mate, and not all of it is aimed at Green. Just saying it as I am seeing it. Surely you and everyone else can see what I mean from the points raised. I don't expect any agrees or likes for the post as folk don't (rightly) want to take 'sides', but I am sure others can see what I mean.

Jake

Ok mate, well just wanted to let you know that what you said doesn't apply to me, I don't go round flaunting money earnt, nor ever go on about canvassing, not sure @Green Pro Clean Ltd does either?

Some do, but anyway, it's up to the person if they feel they can assist Evie, I'm sure he could do with you and daves help anyway, so if he goes for the contract, why not get on board...

We'll see, might not even happen, totally up to Evie...

Eviestevie

Firstly thanks for everyone's input!

I started the thread just for a bit off input and putting the feelers out there.

If it's as big as I've been told then odvoiusly I'm going to consider all avenues.

Until I no the exact amount of work,sites,and locations and travel it's hard to make any decisions

I've actually been to he gym this morning with my mate who is in charge of it all and let's say it's defiantly moving forward!

He's already pointed out there firm has a massive infrastructure and will work behind the scenes in assisting me as this is to there benefit!

I have all sorts going through my head with the possible chicken farm contract and this

One option is investing massive with the help from family and setting up totally and putting vans out but

Going limited vat registered and doing a total commercial cleaning company and targeting all new commercial premises not just for windows but steam cleaning,pressure washing,carpet cleaning,train cleaning,solar panels and having a division for each

Also toyed with setting up a cleaning supplie company as there is nothing round my way including selling hiring carpet and pressure washing and window cleaning gear and would run at side of this!

But it's hard when you have a already good steady living that you enjoy with no risks time at home with the family etc etc

There is also another contract in the pipeline with Barrett homes which I didn't mention but basically my wife's brother is one of the md's and has offered me all the builders clean on all new builds not just houses!

But I've seen the stress he is in and never with the family

I'm a simple man who Goes to work with no stress make a good living and have my side earners selling cars and vans which I love

Basically how do I change when I'm not sure I want to

Hellpppp!!!

Dave B

Who said i am not happy Jake?

I just stated that some people are busy and it is hard to fit more work in and earn more if people are so busy

Where is the jealousy i apparently have??

It was a bit of tongue in cheek humour with no names mentioned so why do some people take it personally

Eh? If it's worth while, you'd simply get rid of a few bad payers/houses,

Or get more staff, it depends on what the work is like,

I've got lots of large contracts that I fit Inbetween window cleaning now and it works nicely,

I have two subbies that work with me on any large work, it would be fine...

Not sure why you can't just be happy,

Jealous? :P

It might not happen, but as far as I'm concerned it's a good opportunity if Evie decides to go for it...

Green Pro Clean Ltd

@Jake I have on a fair few occasions spoken on the topic of canvassing, but only to offer my advice and lessons learnt from my personal canvassing experiences. We do not currently spend any time canvassing for our own business as we do not need to.

@TolishAPurd Perhaps it has something to do with areas (I believe as I recall you are in Cambridgeshire) but I don't see why your figures should be any lower than someone from up around areas such as myself or Evie. I run a very compact round, I do not need to travel any more than 2.4 miles to my furthest customer on the residential rounds and they are lined up in 'clusters' where we can do up to 8 jobs without having to move the van

As you know yourself with well bunched customers you can blitz them out very quickly to a perfect standard if you're not having to move job to job.

Starting at 8am and plodding along we are usually done by 2pm and yes we do usually take a fair bit more than £200 per day for our efforts, but that's why I am self employed, so that I can dictate how hard I work and how much I earn. I don't post pictures of wads of cash nor often talk about what I make but when I do it is more to help newbies to game realize what is possible with hard work and planning.

As for helping Evie, there are a fair few of us on here that have proven records of being able to manage large projects and complete them as required. Once again as you know we have recently completed the Grand Central builders clean in Birmingham and this was achieved without sacrificing or interfering with our regular commitments. In fact over the entire six week contract I myself only needed to go to Birmingham on five individual occasions.

I' do apologize if my ambitions and success on occasions offends you.

You seem rather bitter @TolishAPurd about how others run and handle their business or is it just aimed at myself? I know you and I had a 'to do' on another thread a couple of weeks back but I thought we were past that.

Jon Grainger
@Eviestevie, Keep me in for any work in Norfolk/Suffolk (can work along with @Jake as he's close to me). Be awesome to work together, and I have a few good contacts this way in case more hands are needed ;)

Jake
@Eviestevie, Keep me in for any work in Norfolk/Suffolk (can work along with @Jake as he's close to me). Be awesome to work together, and I have a few good contacts this way in case more hands are needed ;)

We still need that beer Jon :thumbsup:;)

But yeah defo, we can cover most of 'east' east Anglia between us

Jake
Who said i am not happy Jake?

I just stated that some people are busy and it is hard to fit more work in and earn more if people are so busy

Where is the jealousy i apparently have??

It was a bit of tongue in cheek humour with no names mentioned so why do some people take it personally

Ok Dave, it just didn't seem funny, seems that some people tend to get a bit jealous at times. I don't see why you can't be part of it,

Being busy would never be a reason not to take on better paid work, that's all.

Dave B

I remember the post where i had a wad of cash..that was a post about the pros and cons of self employment if i remember rightly

I posted it to show why i work for myself..not to boast about money as i never say what i earn daily usually as it is nobody's business but mine

Some people on the forum do boast a lot but that is their business. .i just get fed up with all the bickering and stuff on here..never used to be like ciu

Come back smurf is what i say..in those days everything was taken as a joke and was more lighthearted in here

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.