Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eviestevie

A big opportunity!!!

lightning
A good friend of mine is general maintenance manager off a massive UK firm carny name at mo!

A year ago he aprroached me regards cleaning solar panels all over the UK due to the new builds and the new government legislation there is going to be massive amounts off work!

It's now moved to proposition stage and I'm looking more and more like sealing the contract

The trouble is its going to be big and I may need people to help me out but they must have all there own gear and harness lanyard training

I will put through ipaf

The other option is putting 4 vans out and funding and employing people which I'm unsure about!

The last option is turning it down totally as I'm happy doing my windows etc and will never give that up!also have joint custody off my daughter so unsure about working away a lot!it covers Ireland to

There also working on a new product for solar panels that they will supplie to me only which will make us unique to the solar panel market!

I haven't slept properly for days!!!

My company is based just outside Birmingham if you need some coverage in the Midlands I'd be interested in some more info. Thanks

Green Pro Clean Ltd
but lately, the pro WFP and anti trad bllocks has got out of hand IMO and its starting to grate.

I will just end up by saying that I have always done trad and always will as I like the action. I use WFP all day as this is after all just a job and WFP earns better (marginally) but more importantly keeps you safer.

Point in case my mate Ben - serious surgery Thursday just gone to pin his arm back together and that was a fall from only first floor of around 12 feet. Out of work for at least 6 weeks.

I'm too old for breaking cr@p.

But please @TolishAPurd if I have ever slated trad methods then feel free to rebuke at will.

Trev81

100% WFP here and have no issue with it, all happy customers, many use me for the very reason I clean in this method as those are the ones that like their frames etc washed down each month. I do not offer anything other than WFP window cleaning. I have trad gear and do some insides of course with it, a couple of bungalows I have done trad before but just no where near as quick for me, so now use a 2ft pocket pole and fly round them.

Horses for courses, it's what were all used to and what works best for our businesses.

Dave B

I did a new clean today and the neighbour came out and asked me as she said she was amazed at how i was cleaning the frames etc as the guy they used to have (trad) never did any of that

Some like it for those reasons and some are weary of it

Either way they soon learn to like it as the job I do is to a perfect standard

Duncs
Thanks duncs

I'd like to say I went out and earned the opportunity but I've had 3 lucky breaks this year that could potentially be massive

They all came through friends and being in the right place at the right time!

I'm sure everyone at some point will get that golden opportunity

All I've done all day is research and figures hardly spoke to missus

And that's my dilemma I've not even signed the contract and I caught stop worrying and stressing

always said especially to guys just starting out if you put the work in work hard, totally believe in yourself you will get work.

not just any work but quality work. all the guys on here who have established rounds and top performers trad or wfp dos,int really matter have one thing in common have all worked hard and never gave in

Duncs
I did a new clean today and the neighbour came out and asked me as she said she was amazed at how i was cleaning the frames etc as the guy they used to have (trad) never did any of that

Some like it for those reasons and some are weary of it

Either way they soon learn to like it as the job I do is to a perfect standard

davey funny how the new work just keeps coming is,int it

Dave B

Especially this time of year duncs

It is yet another in 1 road that i found had no windie a couple of months ago

Only 200 ish houses in it and i have over 10% of them now..think I'm up to 25

Leaflets got me a few there and now people come out when they see me

The estate that road is on is like it's own community seperate from the town due to it being newer and on the outskirts of town

Only about 3 miles from me and i was there all day today and will be tomorrow and Wednesday too

That was like finding a seam of gold in a mine canvassing that area when i did as the windie had been awol for 5 months

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.