Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Registering/Securing Company Name

G

Hey guys

need a bit of help with this one. I am currently a sole-trader but want to come up with a company name and put advertising on the van ect.... how do i register the name ? secure it ? make sure the name isnt taken ?

any help would be great cheers

There is no securing a name as a Sole Trader, for example I was 'D Green T/As Green Window Cleaner' during my sole trader days. Anyone else could have used Green Window Cleaner as well as there is nothing to prevent it.

Now I am registered as 'Green Pro Clean Ltd' That's it, if anyone else uses that name they face the wrath of my lawyer in court.

To register yourself as a limited company is not hard, you just go to the Companies house web site and follow instructions. I chose an even easier option and had my accountant do it for me.

If you have a smart accountant you actually pay less taxes as a limited company than you do as a sole trader.

Back