Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Keeping the use of ports on out side of van but been able to connect on the inside to…?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Trev81

Hi guys, whats the best method to be able to keep the rear ports on my van operational, currently have these under bumper and are taking hose reel out of the van mostly and plugging in to them.

View attachment 5779

I want to keep them as may use them for some jobs, but are now wanting ports on the insde of the van as I am looking into having fixed reels inside the van with the hose running out under the van on rollers so I can work with the van doors closed.

I was thinking something like this tapped into the hose going from the pumps to the current ports? Then a Y piece fitted before it, then if i closed the tap it would send full pressure to the internal hose reels?

View attachment 5778

You can get a Y piece that you can switch between two outlets. So there wouldn't be a need to get that and a Y piece /emoticons/smile.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I have seen one somewhere. Try machine mart. Anyway, I'm out. I hope you find something /emoticons/smile.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been running fixed reels for nearly 2 years. Once you have fixed reels, you wont wanna go back to lifting in and out at all.

As for parking issues etc, it does make me laugh when you get idiots who don't even have fixed reels comment.

I can park in a row of cars and yes its fiddly at first to get to the hose, but then i just pull out what hose i need and off i go.

With someone who needs to put the reel on the floor or two where are they going to go. On the path? Nahhhhh not for me.

Been running fixed reels for nearly 2 years. Once you have fixed reels, you wont wanna go back to lifting in and out at all.
As for parking issues etc, it does make me laugh when you get idiots who don't even have fixed reels comment.

I can park in a row of cars and yes its fiddly at first to get to the hose, but then i just pull out what hose i need and off i go.

With someone who needs to put the reel on the floor or two where are they going to go. On the path? Nahhhhh not for me.
Probably right @Damo I wouldn't ever go back to using them on the outside, but rather than pull them out and leave a hole the van floor there I would just leave them as I guess maybe there might be a time I'd use them for something or other.

I really do hate lifting the bloody reels up and out each time, really gets on my wick, Prob use more energy doing that than anything else on my regular days.

Yeh defo, I just went with a fitted system from Xline and they do all theirs like mine is, but it soons come apprarant when your going all out for speed and work flow that lifting in and out is just a silly idea. Defo fixed motorised reels and rollers on its way for me.

Back