Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's everyone wearing on their feet?

Adams0211

I popped outside to grab something from my van first thing this morning and had a soaking wet foot after walking in slushy snow for about thirty seconds.

Checked my work trainers when I got back in the house and realised I've got a hole in the bottom. They've been on their last legs for a while now but they're so comfortable that I've stuck with them.

Time for some new footwear i guess. Any suggestions? Comfort and warmth is my main priority. What's everyone else wearing?

View attachment 5782

hiking boots, fairly light and fairly waterproof, down side- expensive and not as hard wearing or waterproof as good work boots or light as trainers, kind of a middle option

I've had cheap waterproof Karrimoor for the last year. The waterproofing is pretty good and they let your feet breath but don't last long(got through three pairs). Bought some waterproof Hi-tec boots off ebay last week, they look like they'll last but they don't breath so you get sweaty feet instead!

Can't stand wet feet!!!!

Hey @Adams0211, I'm off down the den in a minute, would you like me to pick you up some Millwall slippers? /emoticons/biggrin.png
Yes please mate. I've got a couple of customers who's gardens are full of dog **** so I'll wear them then /emoticons/wink.png

I usually wear trainers but got a pair of riggers a couple of weeks ago for 20 quid while i was in screwfix

Gonna keep me nice and warm over the winter

Big chunky solid timberland boots, wore them all year and super comfy for me and just get better the more I wear them. Take some bedding in mind.

I saw some Dickies ones in asda a couple of weeks back. Wish I'd got them now. I might have a look in screwfix. Failing that it'll be a trip to sports direct. I buy most things online but I always like to try footwear before I buy it.

Wet feet?
Yep, there not really suitable for winter, although I haven't needed to change them yet... They have a high sole, so it's only long wet grass that gets them wet on the top part,

I will be looking for waterproof trainers in the next few weeks

I hate the long grass this time of year in those homes that think its cool to leave dog **** everywhere! Thats the only problem with my boots they grip hold of everything! But great for warmth with some good socks on and very good for keeping feet dry.

Wore flip flops on my first ever day, true story lol
Had no idea what it would be like
I did a job in the summer that I turned up in flip flops, had to go up a ladder and on to a tiled sloped roof to clean so fascias I couldn't get from the garden, felt like a proper *** head lol!

I did a job in the summer that I turned up in flip flops, had to go up a ladder and on to a tiled sloped roof to clean so fascias I couldn't get from the garden, felt like a proper *** head lol!
lol, as it was my first day I was only doing downers, still, I must have looked like an idiot, yellow surfer t shirt, cargo shorts, and Topman flip flops, I was 18 though

I hate the long grass this time of year in those homes that think its cool to leave dog **** everywhere! Thats the only problem with my boots they grip hold of everything! But great for warmth with some good socks on and very good for keeping feet dry.
Offer to do their inside kitchen window for free after the outside, they might pick their dog mud up next time /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back