Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

removing spray paint

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Some little sod spray painted one of the shop windows I do. What would be best to use to get it off will Ecover cream cleanner do it or will I need something a little stronger?

depends how long it's been on there, and type of paint.

On the glass I would tend to use a sSwear word!er,and plenty of soapy water.

If it's on the frames - maybe one of the white non scratch scourers.

If it is a solvent based paint - try some nail polish remover, but would advise try a test area first, and wash it off as soon as it has done it's job - with plenty of water to avoid it eating into frame.

Its on glass. Think i am going to try combo of SSwear word!per and some grafeetie spray I just spotted in B&Q.

If it is on glass only - then a new sSwear word!er blade will probably sort it out fine with just a bit of soapy water, but ti is good to have the grafeeti spray in reserve. Be careful that it doesn't eat into rubber seals though - could be very expensive.

Well all done today didn't need the sSwear word!er as the shop owner got most off last ***ht so i used a little bit of swarfega graffiti remover worked in with a brush and left while i did other windows. When i came the that window it melted off.

Back