Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shop Fronts?

SPCleaning

Are they worth it? I have never gone after this work, but I have had two calls in two days regarding shop fronts in a nearby town.

Both looking for a two weekly clean. How do you price this work? Are they more hassle than they are worth or are they good earners?

Any advice Guys?

Are they worth it? I have never gone after this work, but I have had two calls in two days regarding shop fronts in a nearby town.
Both looking for a two weekly clean. How do you price this work? Are they more hassle than they are worth or are they good earners?

Any advice Guys?
Parking can be a mare. I have 2 I think off the top of my head, both trad, both a PITA. Nice flange in the one though as it's a beauty salon place :hehehe:

Depends how it works with your current round. Me personally I can't be bothered to do a major push for them. But if they are calling you up then treat it as any other job. Sounds like someone in your area has ditched the shops, so maybe you could do a push and pick a load up alongside each other. Be warned though, many people have probably been and gone over the years charging pennies, at least they do around here.

Good if you can get a few in the same street or if priced well. Single shop front big window and door usually about £5.00 1-2 mins work. It's good as it's usually more frequent than residential and done rain snow sleet or shine.

theres usually a good reason why the local guy with a shop round isnt doing it. hed be worth having a word with to hear whats what

My mate does shops only in Barnet

Only 5 quid ish a pop but has most of the many high streets down there so rakes it in

5 minutes a job

£60 an hour

Allow for chatting and still on 50 squid an hour

Once he thought about giving up and i told him I'd bite his arm off for that work

Shop work can be a good earner but is hard to get in to also parking can be a nightmare.

Town centres are normally sewn up buy long standing old school window cleaners or nationals ,every major shop brand on the high street bar a couple are serviced buy national window cleaning company's.

Nationwide do a lot of shops..they fill up at the place i get my water from..always busy with shops

theres usually a good reason why the local guy with a shop round isnt doing it. hed be worth having a word with to hear whats what
The company that has been doing them has not been servicing it's clients, both domestic and commercial. The vans (3) are left parked in the yard and have not moved in months. I have had a steady stream of their domestic clients contacting me over the last month.

With shops unless they are really big you need to have quite a few to make them profitable.

The good thing about them is they can be done early in the morning and in all weathers I do them and quite enjoy it ,it's easy work.

Another thing to consider is in some towns and shopping centres it is not practical to get a van near by so you need to be good at trad.I clean some in Stevenage and getting a van near them is impossible.

I was just about to start a thread on shop fronts and saw this one. I don't do any but was wondering what to charge if I did. I'm not talking about town centre of anything, just local shops.

I do the offy in merrymead shops for a fiver @Adams0211

I front window and door

Not a lot but not a big job either

Can't really ask much more than that

You could earn a few quid if you got some up by the squirrel and where the swan used to be

On your doorstep would be perfect

I do the offy in merrymead shops for a fiver @Adams0211I front window and door

Not a lot but not a big job either

Can't really ask much more than that

You could earn a few quid if you got some up by the squirrel and where the swan used to be

On your doorstep would be perfect
That's what I was thinking mate. I was up the glebe picking up a Chinese the other night and noticed the state of a few of the shops up there.

The single shop I have is a fiver too. 1 big pane, 2 stained leadeds above (quick dust with broom most times), and 1 door. Also do the inside every now and then as a bonus. I just do it for exposure really, it gets my face seen in the town. Parkings right up against the window, and its on my way out of town so its an easy job.

Always worth an ask

I don't bother with shops as there aren't enough round here to keep me busy like there was on my london round i had

Spent 1 day a week walking the edgware road hendon to burnt oak. .about 3 miles with bucket pole and squeegee

I'm going for commercial work at the moment..i know people in most companies round here from previous job so have been going in places and asking

I used to do the shops in Lewisham high street. Complete pain. Parking was a mare, and getting done before it got busy put pressure on me. Sold it off and now avoid shops. Each to their own

I always found shops a pain but I had a couple that used to get me new work. They were not fusy when I did the. So often did then middle of day, loads of people walking past in town would ask oh do you do houses as well? So although was a pain it was useful for me in getting noticed and getting other jobs

I always found shops a pain but I had a couple that used to get me new work. They were not fusy when I did the. So often did then middle of day, loads of people walking past in town would ask oh do you do houses as well? So although was a pain it was useful for me in getting noticed and getting other jobs
Thats exactly why I do my little 5quid job. A fiver isnt even worth stopping the van for, but it gets me and my uniform seen around town. The last time I did the windows I even soaped them up twice so the job lasted a bit longer./emoticons/biggrin.png

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock