Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using a landrover instead of a van?

slippy

A gardener told me that his landrover was much better than his pick up (he had a Nissan or such like) better pulling power as well and more space than a van. And can take things down tip for free. Could u get a tank for wfp into the back of a landrover? I am still thinking what vehicle to get!

if you do a lot of miles there not the best on fuel ,I thing mine does around 25ish pottering around empty

me and my mate stripped a land rover defender 90 right back to the chassis and rebuilt it back up new engine suspension galvanised chassis.

i have often thought about using one for work, but in my opinion they're very lumpy to drive around town, but if that doesn't bother you then they would make a perfect vehicle to clean windows out of. Look for one with a galv chassis and you will have a perfect vehicle in terms of not rusting. also a lot of clearance underneath to bolt your tank

I drive a Transit. There is no way I could get all my kit into a 110. Also if you get a standard commercial the door opening is only 900 mm which will make getting a tank in difficult. If you find a way to make this work for you, let me know because I would love to get one.

Also if you get a standard commercial the door opening is only 900 mm which will make getting a tank in difficult. If you find a way to make this work for you, let me know because I would love to get one.
On 'proper' Landys you just unbolt the roof, position and fit tank etc then replace roof.....simples :thumbs:.

I guess to stop them rusting line the floor with plastic for protection. Wouldn't it make a better family vehicle than a van as well! Could get mower etc in for gardening I reckon.

Latest Posts

Back