Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Painting water tanks

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

For the past six months i have tweaked and adjusted and re- arranged the back of the van many times to get the optimal setup for myself.

I am now there with all the bits rough fit and at some point I will strip the van and get everything painted and final fixes just how I want.

However I do plan to paint my water tanks, mine are brodex red, I will be painting them green of course.

Has anyone done this? Does anyone know the very best paint to use for this?

Cheers

If you use spray paint use plastic primer first same as on car bumpers etc or it will crack if you have any flex

I would use car paint personally as it will give a nice finish

For the past six months i have tweaked and adjusted and re- arranged the back of the van many times to get the optimal setup for myself.
I am now there with all the bits rough fit and at some point I will strip the van and get everything painted and final fixes just how I want.

However I do plan to paint my water tanks, mine are brodex red, I will be painting them green of course.

Has anyone done this? Does anyone know the very best paint to use for this?

Cheers
Or sell the red tanks to me lol

I dont really have an environment where I can spray paint too easily @daveyboy1 I was planning to do it a bit more like I did my old Jeep, I used a radiator roller for both priming and the top coats and it came out really smooth.

Just an idea, not sure if it would work, but... why not get some of that space blanket insulation thats like bubble wrap, and a load of green nylon, and get a seamstress to make a protective overcoat for it? Could look pretty good, and it'll keep the cold out a bit.

Back