Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First week using backpack

J

JClean

Well been using the backpack and pole this week, have to say I've poled tops and tradded bottoms . It still doesn't feel right walking away leaving the Windows wet and telling the customer to wait whilst the magic happens!!

It does make you ache though !( forgotten how much you can ache).

Give it 2 weeks and you won't ache

Just your muscles adapting to it

Unless of course you do a load of fascias as then you always ache

Well been using the backpack and pole this week, have to say I've poled tops and tradded bottoms . It still doesn't feel right walking away leaving the Windows wet and telling the customer to wait whilst the magic happens!!It does make you ache though !( forgotten how much you can ache).
It took me weeks to get used to leaving the windows wet. You and your customers will warm to it. Bet you'll want to progress to a bigger system eventually, its addictive

Stick it on a trolley then

Got a new sack barrow off a mate today so trolley v2 with 30m hose reel on way tomorrow

See I've got a van mount and a back pack but finding myself using my back pack more than the main tank. Love the pick it up an go, no ball ache of trailing hose. Use van mount on bigger jobs but find myself really scrimping on water when using it too. Use nearly half as much water than the main tank. Mainly I think it's in my head when I'm using the main tank..... like not turning it off between swapping fronts to back etc and only switching backpack on when pole is fully extended and off as soon as collapsed. Reckon if I could get in the habit could save loads of water

thats bang on, i used a backpack for years nipped the hose shut between windows & doing cills etc & got it down to mebbe 200+ ltrs a day with a van mount i just don't do that & i can go to 300+ a day now

i do find the van mount much easier though, but thats mebbe age related lol

Back