Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

3mm jets in action

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jake

@CHWS @Trev81

Hi guys, did an office today, thought I'd show the 3mm jets on 75 flow, and what its like for rinsing,

I'm doing it one handed whilst filming, so excuse the quality... (This is not how I would normally rinse, just showing it for demonstration purposes)

Hope it gives you an idea of how they perform.

They don't cause any splash back, which means ALL the water falls down the glass, thus, creating a better, more dense rinse. As no water is wasted bouncing off into the air.

With 2nm jets, it was firing out so fast, it hit the glass and sprayed all over the shop. That was slowing the rinse, and also would be more prone to spotting, most of the water was bouncing off the glass - not good for a fast rinse.

(Shakespeare writing or what by the way!) 'thus' - what a word!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNZUJz2EpuM[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I will be ordering some more bits from gardnier again how have you found the hybrid brush I have used the soft version but wore out very quick .

Looks like I will be ordering some more bits from gardnier again how have you found the hybrid brush I have used the soft version but wore out very quick .
Not sure yet as only been using it for a week lol

Seems well jake, how do you go about changing the size? Out of curiosity what way do you rinse jake

Seems well jake, how do you go about changing the size? Out of curiosity what way do you rinse jake
You just buy the 3mm jets mate, gardiner pole systems sell them,

I just rinse very quickly across the glass maybe 3-4 times max, with the flow of these jets, it creates a 'waterfall' effect, so you don't need to rinse for long at all,

A much larger volume of water is falling down the glass, so you spend less time doing the rinse, and also (in my opinion) save water...

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too! Just quicker. Also more confident leaving a window when it's had more water poured over it. More is less.

Ok so you've just motivated me to finally get out the 3mm jets I odered a couple of moons ago and put them in my Gardiner bush, any tips on how to remove the 2mm ones? Cheers

Do you have any other brushes with 2mm jets?

What I would like to know is the water difference between 2 and 3mm

So fire 2mm jets into bucket for a minute. Then do the same with 3mm. Then report back with difference /emoticons/smile.png

I tired 3mm but didn't like it.

Pliers mate
Cheers @Jake , I've pulled and pulled till I can't pull no more and they still won't budge LOL so I've just popped the 3mm's into the holes next to where the 2mm's are located! I don't think the 1ish cm difference should make a difference to the rinse??

Cheers @Jake , I've pulled and pulled till I can't pull no more and they still won't budge LOL so I've just popped the 3mm's into the holes next to where the 2mm's are located! I don't think the 1ish cm difference should make a difference to the rinse??

Apparantly it's bigger than 1mm... Work that out lol

But yeah honestly It makes a huge difference mate

Do you have any other brushes with 2mm jets?
What I would like to know is the water difference between 2 and 3mm

So fire 2mm jets into bucket for a minute. Then do the same with 3mm. Then report back with difference /emoticons/smile.png

I tired 3mm but didn't like it.
I'd guess it'd be the same Damo, but it's more about the type of flow I prefer, much less splash back,

I'll

Never go back to 2mm that's for sure...

I see his point if you work quicker with them bit if you worked the same speed you can't help using more water as the flow is up higher..that is just physics

Depends if the higher speed of rinsing offsets the amount of extra flow per minute

Back