Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

That bloody Phil Collins!!

It's hammering down here too

I do have a couple of custys i can do as they are out and maybe deliver some leaflets

No work here either

1223ca0b315678c4e68cd72602a7e277.jpg

Need to retrain myself on winter work protocol.... Left my di vessels out and they're frozen solid /emoticons/sad.png mind you the tap's frozen too so even if I had kept the vessels warm I don't think it would have made a huge difference /emoticons/sad.png

Plan for today now is invoices then shoveling, then chopping kindling /emoticons/smile.png

Paperwork and day off today. Normally drop leaflets on a day like this but I haven't got any time to fit new folk in at the moment if I want to give everyone a last clean before crimbo.

We don't start any new ones month of December had to many cancel again in Jan so if they ask say I see u next month then u get ooooh it don't matter

Day off for me too, meant to be back at the big health spa commercial today but raining solid, so will do tomorrow hopefully.

Todays job is getting the freshly painted boarding back in the van, getting the power feed put through in to my van, RCD and socket fitted, and wall mouting a heater ready for the cold nights. May do some leaflets if there is time but not fancing that either in solid rain.

Don't you keep your stuff in shed or garage beccy
I generally leave my di vessels attached to the outside tap so they're ready to go. Then in the winter I plan to move them inside if its forecast to be cold. Just out of practice checking the forecast as it's been so mild until the last week or two.

Vessels are thawing out nicely in the shower, but it's still below freezing so the tap might be out of action for a bit longer.

I work in the snow as long as the roads are clear enough to be safe riding the bike /emoticons/smile.png

I actually wish I had got out now. Thought I had call this right as the sky is full and bit windy, but no actual rain. Nevermind. Tomorrows set to be alright apparantly.

No rain here now and done a few jobs

I have 1 to do this evening for a friend who i need to go through the house but having the rest of the day off now

Supposed to be heavy rain round our way @TolishAPurd from 1 - 4 ish today according to met office

That's why i like buying my water

No grief and i can fill up in the morning if i don't want it to freeze in the motor overnight

Not sure how much it would cost me to make myself but 500+ppm here so di only would cost more than then50 ish quid i pay a month

And i get an invoice for the taxman

That's why i like buying my waterNo grief and i can fill up in the morning if i don't want it to freeze in the motor overnight

Not sure how much it would cost me to make myself but 500+ppm here so di only would cost more than then50 ish quid i pay a month

Whats the crack with the people that sell it to you? Is it a by product of a manufacturing process, or do they just make pure and sell it to window cleaners etc? Gotta be a good way to do it.

That's why i like buying my waterNo grief and i can fill up in the morning if i don't want it to freeze in the motor overnight

Luckily my tap water is only around 70ppm so a bag of resin lasts a few months.

Don't think anyone sells it round here anyway /emoticons/smile.png

I'm home. Done me 26 shops in the rain. Sat around for an hour to c if it stops raining. It didn't. Had 4 hours of houses to do. Squeeze em in somewhere

Called it a day off at 7am.

Clocked a half day doing fireman training.

It's still ******* wild out here in the west.

Whats the crack with the people that sell it to you? Is it a by product of a manufacturing process, or do they just make pure and sell it to window cleaners etc? Gotta be a good way to do it.
The guy i get my water from has a unit where he does van installs and supplies parts etc and has 2x 2000l tanks fed with twin 40s and di etc

He sells it at 4p a litre and makes a tidy profit

He has a big unit in Charlton se london where nationwide window cleaners fill up and he makes a fortune from them

His main income up here is van installs but the water keeps him ticking over

If you think about it he has a lot of guys like me spending a few quid a day there and then a lot of locals from herts filling big tanks every couple of days

It must all add up to a tidy profit

450l tank cost £18 to fill

He must have about 10 people in the morning filling tanks that size or bigger that i know of

Then nationwide send loads of vans i the london branch daily with big tanks

The guy i get my water from has a unit where he does van installs and supplies parts etc and has 2x 2000l tanks fed with twin 40s and di etcHe sells it at 4p a litre and makes a tidy profit

He has a big unit in Charlton se london where nationwide window cleaners fill up and he makes a fortune from them

His main income up here is van installs but the water keeps him ticking over

If you think about it he has a lot of guys like me spending a few quid a day there and then a lot of locals from herts filling big tanks every couple of days

It must all add up to a tidy profit

450l tank cost £18 to fill

He must have about 10 people in the morning filling tanks that size or bigger that i know of

Then nationwide send loads of vans i the london branch daily with big tanks
Sounds a good little business. And it gets you walking in the shop everyday so you are more likely to pick up the odd bit off them. I would say it would be a good business oportunity around here as I couldn't find anyone offering it around here when I looked.

Latest Posts

Back