Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Clean before Christmas Brigade...

SPCleaning

Well it's started! Four calls this morning all asking for an availability for a pre-Christmas clean.

Two messages left yesterday. I'm not talking about regulars here, this is the one off, 'please clean my windows before my relations visit' types.

I just advise that I have no availability before February.

They soon ring off and ring the next guy.

I joked with the wife that I will tell them that I have a minimum charge of £50. If they agree I'll book them in. :rofl:

@SPCleaning you may be saying it in jest but my minimum for a one off up here is £30 and I have had about 3 in the past two months agree to it and pay it.

Give them the £50 price, you never know.

I quoted one guy £30 on email and he wrote back 'oh, I was thinking more like £15-£20' I wrote back 'I was thinking of kebab or cod and chips for supper but what's this got to do with your windows getting cleaned?'

He never replied /emoticons/sad.png

I just tell everyone that rings up that my customers come first when its the run up to Christmas.

I told one customer we could have 30 jobs come in but if one of them is an existing customer they take absolute priority. Not saying i will drop everything and go clean their house. But they take priority.

I have said this to quite a few customers! it annoys me when regular, loyal customers only get price increases. So we are different !

So far i have been with sky for 3 years and all i seem to get is price rises. I got a £50 voucher when i joined and that was it. At the moment you get free this, free that. Even a bloody free TV!!! When you sign up.

Wait till the last 2 weeks is upon us and people get desperate. Teach the tight fisted b'stardo's for not having a regular windy to call on.

had 4 today just said sorry im busy and these are in same streets where i wa today lol

if all goes to plan i will be off for the 18th but need to work 6 days a week till then no time for one off peeps

Regulars first no messing
I agree totally with you there Posh loyalty must be rewarded. However I think most of us could squeeze in a first clean at the end of the day, at my rates that would translate to an extra £600 per month if I did just one per day I worked. I could live with that! /emoticons/smile.png)

get your loyal customers done first, unless near your cleaning area, but charge extra, we have 23/24 days to clean left. the weather can put you back, if you have spare time then do them. they may become regulars after new year.

for me, im making sure my yearly customers get done, tip season. they want to show you how gratefull they are for your services if your a decent chappie.

im going to put my tips away and have a weekend away on national hollidays or get some new gear.

get your loyal customers done first, unless near your cleaning area, but charge extra, we have 23/24 days to clean left. the weather can put you back, if you have spare time then do them. they may become regulars after new year.for me, im making sure my yearly customers get done, tip season. they want to show you how gratefull they are for your services if your a decent chappie.

im going to put my tips away and have a weekend away on national hollidays or get some new gear.
Well my 7£ gets me a set of pre filters so far /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back