Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

For those that read

Green Pro Clean Ltd

We've already got a thread or two on the go for the movie lovers among us so I figured why not have one for the bookworms among us.

For many years I was an avid reader then for some reason I just stopped, don't know why just did, and spent 10 years thinking 'I miss reading' sounds daft but true.

Well about 3 months back I grabbed a copy of 'A Profession Of Violence' by John Pearson off a chap at the car boot sale, read it and was thoroughly disappointed, it is basically a chronicle of facts that we all already know, nothing new or shocking in there at all.

So with that done I picked up 'Mad bad and dangerous to know' one of the biographies of Sir Ranulph Finnes. Once again a very hard read with very little personal insight just lots of facts and figures and a very matter of fact style. I think for a man of his adventures it could have been written in a much more entertaining fashion.

Next I cracked on with 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy' Well got about a third of the way through and dropped it off to the charity shop, well confusing, not a bloody clue whats going on. Couldnt hold my interest at all.

Now on to one most of us have seen in the movies 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' Stieg Larrson. I first saw the movie some time back (Original Sweedish with English subtitles, not the Daniel Craig remake) and quite enjoyed it. Well the book was stunning, so much more detail, insight into characters thoughts, and as always so much more that gets left out of movies. Absolutely Superb.

Well, been enjoying reading so much once again I bought a Kindle paperwhite in the black friday sale and am now half way through 'The 39 Steps' John Buchan, so far a great cloak and dagger adventure story.

So what have you read of late? Was it any good? Can you recommend it?

"the russian lieutenants woman"

a good read,true story about an english journo who goes to interview a serial killer in russia

11/23/63 by Stephen King a story about a guy that travels back in time to attempt to prevent the assassination of JFK. Very entertaining stuff and that killer ending!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Window Cleaning Forums

one day in the life of ivan denisovitch by alexander solzhenitsyn its a short book about russian gulags but it shows you how much people can endure & survive its good to read when im sulking about some **** problem lol im reading 11/23/63 at the moment. anything by clive barker - books of blood, the hellbound heart which became the film hellraiser

The likes of herbert and koontz give me more nightmares than working for Rafa! /emoticons/tongue.png I'm more of a crime, who dunnit / thriller type.

Some years back I did read James Clavells 'Shogun' as well as 'King Rat' both superb reads and well worth while.

I must be a wimp lol, Clive cuddled, James Patterson, David baldaci etc my kind of read. Hobbits etc were a good read as well

Only books i read tend to be hobby based so cycling, fishing, martial arts

The only other books i have are self help type ones, business and philosophy etc

Last books i really enjoyed were as a kid, roald dahl & Enid blyton

Talking of books, I recently had my d1ck in the Guinness book of records. Wont be allowed in that library again:D. On a more serious note, Fredericks Forsyths book, the fist of god, bloody good read

Currently reading 'midwinter of the spirit'.

I clean the authors Windows! Apparently it was on itv recently.

Favourite authors are Bukowski and Vonnegut.

Currently reading 'midwinter of the spirit'.
I clean the authors Windows! Apparently it was on itv recently.

Favourite authors are Bukowski and Vonnegut.
I also clean an authors windows. He's called robin mcgibbon. He done mick hucknalls, babara Windsor, and Charlie krays auto biography. He also featured in the daily telegraph a few times

Back