Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Would anyone recommend a double a frame ladder

J

JClean

Just asking if a double a frame ladder is beneficial to any one.

Had a few houses where I've seemed to repitch the ladder to completely clean a window , whereas if I'd pitched it into the middle I could of cleaned the whole window off one pitch.

Cheers

I wouldnt be without my two mate- safer and gets you to places you couldnt safely get to with a normal ladder. Ramsay seems to be the go to brand, but just look for the ones with the big rubber block on top like this;

RAMTOP1.JPG

I've got a 2 1/4 and a 3.5 m. The smaller one is fantastic for most, easy to carry through awkward houses, tight paths etc, and very light. The bigger one comes out when I need to get the ladder higher for example when goin over a shallow porch and putting the head of the ladder near the gutter.

I have a 3.5m double it's probably a little on the large size

If your mainly domestic and fairly heavy if your using it day in day out all day.

A 3m or 2.5m may be best suited for residential work.

I have a couple of smaller singles at 6ft and 8ft great for shops or high ground level Windows.

I and around 80 % in DK use This windowcleaning ladder called "Dirks"

Produced in Holland . Super durable and my last one i had 7-8 years until i drove under a Building and wasted it completely . Think it Cost 450 pounds . Made of aluminium of course . Teflon coated so your fingers Wont stick to it when the frost bites.

You Can get it all sizes..

View attachment 5924

i wouldent trad with out them as Tolish said get the one with the rubber block. you can rest them on the frames in to the edges of windows on the brick ect ect lot more versatile than normal ladder. can rest mine on 2 story fascia easy

If you have any ladder questions then here is the LinkedIn profile of the man that you need to talk to
Mike Barlow
Slightly off topic, but your trading name did make me chuckle (must be my mucky mind;)). I was relieved to see that your name isnt Mark!

Back on topic, i use a traditional double ladder (3.5 m), but would love to try one of those window cleaning ladders that come to a point.

Slightly off topic, but your trading name did make me chuckle (must be my mucky mind;)). I was relieved to see that your name isnt Mark!Back on topic, i use a traditional double ladder (3.5 m), but would love to try one of those window cleaning ladders that come to a point.
My name is Mark, but Dirty Marks does refer to marks that need removing from glass, not my reputation! Lol

Check out Dirty Marks About Us page if you want to find out more.

Back