Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

"I already have a window cleaner"

Calum Jennings

Canvassing

"I already have a window cleaner, although I haven't seen him in a while. How much do you charge, out of interest?"

"£15 front and back"

"He only charges £4"

I cleaned a carpet today, asked her if theres a window cleaner round here

yes but he comes when he wants..

oh ok how much does he charge btw?

well it was £5.50, but another guy started in the area so he lowered his prices for bungalows to £3

£3!

yes she did say £3

then she even moaned about the quality of his work

You get what you pay for. Most of these houses I saw today, were filthy. The windows were clearly dirty and the sills etc were just another story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also very interesting how I gave no indication that this was a woman, but you were correct in saying "Mrs" and "she". I wonder why...? lol

Also very interesting how I gave no indication that this was a woman, but you were correct in saying "Mrs" and "she". I wonder why...? lol

They were probably on the dole we get lots of them in my area here today and gone tomorow

I never ask what the previous window cleaner charges. if they want a quote that is!!its people like this who give window cleaners a bad name-with these dumb ass prices.

I went out to quote a full house clean up last fri that came from a regular window cleaning customer recommending me to his farther in law, when I called him to arrange a time to come up he gave me the job requirements (guuter clear, clean up etc etc) but stressed I can't use you for windows I'm afraid as we have a window cleaner who is great and we are really happy with him had him for ages…

Get to the house, big 4/5 detached out in the country, very nice ££££ area, the complete house was in a really bad state, weed system growing out of all gutters and they have a serious moss issue on the roof, however the worst parts of the house were the Windows!!! Jesus I had to look the other way when he was telling me about their window cleaner being great! Brown wood look Upvc frames that were all really really green and cobwebed out!

He did go on to say I'd like a once over on my frames and windows in with the price as our window cleaner doesnt really do them frames! haha, just goes to show what some folks expectations are! I hope to change their minds when I clean their whole house exterior, except the roof!

Last edited by a moderator:
I still can't understand in this economic climate when everyone needs guaranteed work that people don't touch frames and sills

It really does my swede in

It is WINDOW frame..WINDOW sill..to me it means it is part of WINDOW cleaning surely? ????????????

theres a trad window cleaner in my neck of the woods.hes been in the game for years.i think he lives in a time warp or something.(nothing against trad:zipit:).I think he takes pride in doing a bad job.ive got customers in similar areas he covers.they say hes a lovely bloke been cleaning windows for years he- has blah blah.the only reason I think they keep him on is because he charges 1980s prices & he accidently burnt a school down many years ago & feel sorry 4 him:rolleyes:

I have to admit today I spotted our local Windy and he didn't touch the frames or sills and missed out a couple of the top openers, couldn't believe it!

I make sure I tell people all frames and sills will be wiped down and cleaned as I also believe window means the whole window not just the glass.

what you have to remember!! some of these window cleaners simply don't care.why should they?when they continue to do a **** job & get paid for it.especially when customers have a misplaced loyalty to them.i love it when you do a plastic clean because there windie wont do it.the look of shock:eek:when the windows and frames get a real clean.its been that long they have forgotten

Got a couple of good tips as the customers couldn't believe the difference, have to admit I copied @daveyboy1,s video technique using Ubik and a lot of water to clean the frames!

Yeh you would think being a "Window Cleaner" rather than a glazing cleaner would kinda be a insight to most customers that a proper one cleans the complete window.

@mark I agree many don't care as they get paid for what they do, i just can't walk away from a window with a dirty frame, I'm all for getting it done right on clean 1 and 2 then just fly through them after that as they don't get that bad again, surley the best way to keep hold of the customers too /emoticons/smile.png

i was doing a 1 off clean for some one last summer it was a faver job for one of my custmers :rolleyes: the woman came out from next door propa cancle woman who sits on her ars all day in a verey nce cancle house luvly garden ect just a lazy lay about she said how mch i said £13 she then said does that include the gutters bing washed and cleaned out i said no lol she said would u give me a 3 b i said no nuffing is for 3 lol she then said ill think about the windows:rolleyes: some people just think they can take the pixxxxss

Did a new custie yesterday as they had binned the previous windy a good few months ago for bad workmanship and skipping Windows , I had explained at the time that I do the frames and sills. Did my work went back last night for the money, and she couldn't have been happier, frames and sills back to white after being covered in **** for so long.

I never tell them the frames and sills are cleaned I tell them they are washed, they seem to think when you say cleaned the yellow staining will be removed, washed sounds better.

I cleaned this morning my first return for 6 weekly customers , have to say it was worth taking the time on the first clean as today was literally half the time.

Cheers @daveyboy1 for the tips and video using Ubik on the first clean , customers well happy.

No worries mate was that the trad vid i did?

I don't always do it like that trad..if its not a real bad 1st clean i will use a hand sprayer and lightly spray the glass..give a scrub with applicator..wipe frames then squeegee off glass and detail (or not detail in my case lol) and miss the whole first bit of my vid out

But for dirty ones i know it seems to take longer (3 minutes for that cluster in the vid ) but definitely worth it when the next clean they are pretty much still spotless frames etc

Now i wfp i still use ubik or virosol for the same reason

Latest Posts

Back