Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing struggle!

J

JClean

As the title says I've hit a wall at the moment , finding it hard to get new customers, is this normal before Xmas??

I'm back out tomorrow evening to try and get 4 new ones for Wednesday , that will make a full days work , but still got quite a few gaps to fill for other days.

Onwards and upwards.

It is funny this time of year

Getting lots of enquiries for 1 offs but not much new stuff

Have you got a facebook page?

Make one attached to your personal account and post your link on every local swap and sell group and community group you can find

Join every group you can find by searching things like swap and sell..name of local areas etc..local areas tend to have their own community group

Post in the morning and again after the evening school run

That will get you some new jobs

I do it every week or so now because everyone has seen it now but this time last year i was getting a couple of jobs daily from posting on about 10 groups

Post on 1 and before you click post copy it so you can paste on all other groups

Takes about 2 minutes then to do all of them

building a" window cleaning business" can be stressfull-if you let it. have you got enough customers at the moment to keep you going.if so. the rest will fall into place.im picking up quite a lot of work from my van at the moment.you will find the summer brigade wont be able to hack all the bad weather we are having at the moment & there will be plenty to go around.:thumbsup:

Yep it's building ok.

Just had a couple of weeks where I haven't picked any new ones up and wondered if this was normal for the Xmas build up.

I'm not on Facebook so haven't been down that route yet.

Gotta love the fair weather windies

Come late spring they gotta go looking for work again as i will have all their old work lol

It's work opening a personal account just for that mate

Don't open a purely business account as they will shut it down but make a personal one the go to create a page and make the business one from that and they won't touch it

If you don't make one you are missing a trick imo

I have a personal account i never use but need it for business page

daveyboy can i ask what you actually put on your message on these groups. I have been having a little go with my carpet, drive and gutter cleaning stuff and not had one equiry. I am just about to try it with window cleaning as my brother returns from overseas next week and i would like to increase my window work as I only do 1/2 day a week max at the mo /emoticons/sad.png Other cleaning the other days but want to get enough work for him.

Just a couple of sentences

" now taking on new customers

Call or message for a quote "

That does me

Ive found its slowed right down this last month on facebook and the leaflets, ive been at a standstill customer wise for a while. Doesnt help i got banned from fb groups mind. Should pick up after crimbo i reckon

TBH Adam, even the girls are slowing, and I reckon this is going to be an onward trend up until people start to ease out of the yuletide season and get that first pay check of the year in late January.

I will keep them pounding the pavements but I do not expect to see an upturn until February and real improvements around mid March when the clocks change again.

Fa

Yep it's building ok.Just had a couple of weeks where I haven't picked any new ones up and wondered if this was normal for the Xmas build up.

I'm not on Facebook so haven't been down that route yet.
facebook is a great way to find work. I post on the for sale pages in my area and never fail to get work come in I post 3 times a week and it fills the following week and then a day or 2 into the next. Give it a try it's definitely worth it as its free advertising. Where else can you guarantee thousands of people will see your add for no outlay.

Set up a Facebook page early last week and have to report worthwhile doing.

It's already led to 5 new customers , have to admit it took a bit of getting my head round about where and how to post but it seems to work .

Thanks again.

Set up a Facebook page early last week and have to report worthwhile doing.It's already led to 5 new customers , have to admit it took a bit of getting my head round about where and how to post but it seems to work .

Thanks again.
How did you do it as I did the same set up am account last week and I got banned from posting

How did you go about it what are you posting in how are you posting ?

Thanks

I joined some local buy sell or swap pages and posted on the page, others you post as a visitor and then the page admin posts.

If you set up a new account as a business you will get banned

What you need to do is start an account in your own name then make a seperate page for your business from your personal account then use that page for posting business stuff

I joined some local buy sell or swap pages and posted on the page, others you post as a visitor and then the page admin posts.
Yes that's what I did made a business page then joined some buy sell swap in my area.

Posted from my personal page to about 15 groups some was awaiting admin aprovel others were posted then I got banned from posting or joining any more groups till 1st Feb

Facebook are cracking down on posts in groups. I got banned a few weeks ago. I don't know whether it's other users flagging you as spam or a facebook algorithm.

Back