Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

rubbish weather Christmas rush!!

Nick pegler DWC

How do you lads deal with the weather as next 3 days in the south east are mentioned to be really wet and at least 2 to 3 weeks behind on residential work and everyone wants windows cleaned for Christmas.

I deal with it by going out and cleaning houses

Especially ones who you know are not in

Just get out there bud and get it done

I carry on working if it a light rain, if it get heavy then I wait for it to ease off. Most customers are not home when I clean in the rain and I still get paid

I like norfolk but I've only been to fakenham about 3 times in my life. The very lucky lady I'm seeing at the mo lives at norwich so I spend a fair ole bit of time there. In fact I'm there now

I've been to Norwich a good few times

Chaos trying to deliver round there

I usually end up places like Framlingham, harleston and Martlesham etc

All places with skinny little lanes

Always debatable whether i am in norfolk of suffolk

I would imagine one of the nationals do that sort of work. And I don't really want anymore work if I'm honest. I never turn anything down but quoted earquoted ear

I WAS out of my comfort zone, was about a week behind. Poor planning (well bad luck) had a perfect storm of work. I had a massive amount of work due in one week /emoticons/sad.png

The last time i took time off was 2 hours when it was just so stormy i couldn't even extend the pole up to the window. Tried another area and i couldn't even rinse on the glass.

I work in most weathers and currently 1/2 days behind. So thats normal. Never like to be exact tbh.

How do you lads deal with the weather as next 3 days in the south east are mentioned to be really wet and at least 2 to 3 weeks behind on residential work and everyone wants windows cleaned for Christmas.
I'm in the south east as well nick and just watched the weather. Think most of the rain tomorrow is to the north of London. Even so, if its raining I will keep going and tell customers that people are asking me to get round before Christmas, so I'm working whatever the weather. Besides, if your wfp, it wont make to much difference anyway

Wfp has made a lot of difference in the rain

I work all weathers and always did when trad also

I can pretty much 0 detail all the time trad with my tools but in the rain that doesn't work and wiping marks of glass while it's being rained on isn't fun

I am way behind as usual. This week has been the first week in ages in which the weather has behaved. I even caught a glimpse of the sun the other day.

The run up to christmas can be quite stressful as every customer wants their windows cleaned....to help them have the perfect christmas!. I am contemplating working this sunday to try and pull a few in. Cant do saturday as its going to be pub from 12 then off to the footy!

run up to xmas is a great time. im under pressure to get every house done, i like a lil bit o pressure

its also a time to wreak revenge on messers who did me over erlier in the year . partytime!

also this time of year i get the ones calling up after a one off [but promising to be regulars] i can spot these a mile off . what iv taken to doing is agreeing happily to do them,very reasonable prices , jus a few days before xmas is that fine by you ?

but then not turning up !

Back