Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Backpack Questions

Tuffers

So, I've decided to treat myself to a Gardiners backpack. A few questions before I start using it. I've plugged it in to charge it (it does say it comes fully charged) and no lights are visible on the volt meter. It is charged as I have switched it on. I bought it with no connections as I wanted to use a male EZ-snap in the backpack hose and attach to the female EZ-snap on my poles. Will a male EZ-snap hold in the hose? Does water drip constantly out of the backpack when not in use? Maybe @Alex Gardiner could shed some light for me?

Hi Tuffers, i've my connectors that way. Not sure what size barb is on the male connector on the back pack, though with an o ring all is fine. As soon as i switch off i don't have any water coming out. I've just this minute ordered some bits from Gardiner to make an extension hose, as i find it can be a pain just going from the back pack to the pole i.e. having to move the back pack around a little too much.

Hi Tuffers, i've my connectors that way. Not sure what size barb is on the male connector on the back pack, though with an o ring all is fine. As soon as i switch off i don't have any water coming out. I've just this minute ordered some bits from Gardiner to make an extension hose, as i find it can be a pain just going from the back pack to the pole i.e. having to move the back pack around a little too much.
I'm thinking I need an 8mm barb on the male EZ-snap? I tried a 6mm in the backpack hose but there is a plastic ring about a quarter of an inch in in the hose, I don't want to start cutting the hose just yet. Does yours light up on the volt meter when charging?

Just watched the video on the Gardiners site and the volt meter lights should light up when charging to show the status of the battery. Mine aren't lighting up.

It's been a while since i put the fitting on so can't remember what size i've got on there.

To tell the truth i just look at the little light on the power supply unit. Green when charging and red when done(think that's the other way round). I think it's something silly like around 20hours use out of one charge, so i've not come close to being without any charge out on a job.

So, I've decided to treat myself to a Gardiners backpack. A few questions before I start using it. I've plugged it in to charge it (it does say it comes fully charged) and no lights are visible on the volt meter. It is charged as I have switched it on. I bought it with no connections as I wanted to use a male EZ-snap in the backpack hose and attach to the female EZ-snap on my poles. Will a male EZ-snap hold in the hose? Does water drip constantly out of the backpack when not in use? Maybe @Alex Gardiner could shed some light for me?
Mine is red when plugged in goes green when fully charged

HI Tuffers

The volt-meter LEDS only light up when the backpack is in use to show the state of the battery - as explained in the printed guide. The video is actually incorrect and I will edit that in a moment!

To tell you when the battery is fully charged there is a light on the charger that goes from red to green.

An 8mm barb would be a tighter fit on the EZ-SNap Male.

With the pump turned off the hose should not allow water through, but I cannot guarantee this as I have never tested it. Generally most users have an end-stop fitted.

HI Tuffers
The volt-meter LEDS only light up when the backpack is in use to show the state of the battery - as explained in the printed guide. The video is actually incorrect and I will edit that in a moment!

To tell you when the battery is fully charged there is a light on the charger that goes from red to green.

An 8mm barb would be a tighter fit on the EZ-SNap Male.

With the pump turned off the hose should not allow water through, but I cannot guarantee this as I have never tested it. Generally most users have an end-stop fitted.
Thanks for that Mr G. The charger is showing green, so all good there. I can see what you're saying about the end stop, but I work the other way round by having an end stop on my pole hose to stop water trickling out of it. I will have to rig up a tap on the backpack to overcome this.

Did you order a 6mm - 8mm bore adapter to extend your hose?

Thanks for that Mr G. The charger is showing green, so all good there. I can see what you're saying about the end stop, but I work the other way round by having an end stop on my pole hose to stop water trickling out of it. I will have to rig up a tap on the backpack to overcome this.
If you have the end stop on your pole hose, doesn't the water come out of your reel hose which will have a male fitting?

@Gav, you cant blank out the word that rhymes with lay,day,may etc, that's homophobic! /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/wink.png
Don't you start! /emoticons/wink.png

It maybe untill its used in a homophobic way which often is lol.

Back