Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vikan brushes ???

davewindowcleaner

I cleaned a new customer windows this morning, which hasn't been cleaned for well over a year.

Trouble is I am finding gardiner brushes for really dirty windows are not tough enough for getting those stubborn marks off the windows. (I even used ubik on the brush today)

Now I am not slagging off gardiner brushes, I do think they do reallygood light brushes which make life so much easier for us guys who use wfp all day but when I was cleaning the ground floor windows, i could see marks that wouldn't come off it.

I had to use my finger nail to scratch a few of those marks off instead, I just knew there would be stubbon marks at the upstair windows seeing how bad the downstar windows was.

I've pretty much given up using ladder now, can't be **** with it.

Whenever I used to get new work I alway use sure i trad it for the 1st clean, then wfp for the second.

From now on i want to be able to use wfp for the 1st clean but i need to find a strong brush that get those bad ass marks off without scratching the windows

I have not use vikan brushes before, are vikan the toughest brushes you can get to use on glass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cleaned a new customer windows this morning, which hasn't been cleaned for well over a year.
Trouble is I am finding gardiner brushes for really dirty windows are not tough enough for getting those stubborn marks off the windows. (I even used ubik on the brush today)

Now I am not slagging off gardiner brushes, I do think they do reallygood light brushes which make life so much easier for us guys who use wfp all day but when I was cleaning the ground floor windows, i could see marks that wouldn't come off it.

I had to use my finger nail to scratch a few of those marks off instead, I just knew there would be stubbon marks at the upstair windows seeing how bad the downstar windows was.

I've pretty much given up using ladder now, can't be **** with it.

Whenever I used to get new work I alway use sure i trad it for the 1st clean, then wfp for the second.

From now on i want to be able to use wfp for the 1st clean but i need to find a strong brush that get those bad ass marks off without scratching the windows

I have not use vikan brushes before, are vikan the toughest brushes you can get to use on glass.
Hi Dave

Vikan brushes are tough as they are made for the automotive industry. However, there are many different WFP brushes that will clean as effectively, such as our Super-Lite stiff dual trim or Super-Lite flocked. Which one of our brushes were you using?

Many clients find the Super-scraper and abrasive pads that fit on the back of the gooseneck really useful for removing stubborn deposits. This allows you to use your favourite softer/lighter brush and yet also have the ability to deal with stubborn marks when needed.

Was gonna suggest what Alex said,

Try the super scraper, that way you'll be able to get anything off!

This is the two gardiner brushes I got at the moment,

I don't have gardiner pole, I'm not always able see the stubbon marks on the glass cleaning upstairs windows from the ground floor.

I might try stiff duel trim and see how I get on with that. It just wind me up having keep scrubbing for a min or two and the marks still won't shift.

P's I bought a gardiner backpack a few days ago and I loving it!

View attachment 5979

That's a stiff sill and medium mixed supreme. I would advise for first cleans either the Super-Lite flocked or if you're prepared to apply a bit more force to the brush a Super-Lite stiff.

I did one of my regulars inside and out today. I cleaned the insides after WFP'ing the outside. The sun was really low. I was horrified at the state of the outside glass while looking out, and there was me thinking I'd done a perfect job. I think with some types of dirt there is no brush that has been made that will get it off.

I'm not a fan of gardiner brushes , i found they wasn't up for the job like what your saying, vikin are really good brushes but god dam to heavy

A good brush I'm using is the xline brushes great on first clean and maintainace cleans

But gardiner scraper and slx bang on

im a tecbuk fan but the custmer service is appauling and the jets r usly wonky if and the stocks can bend lol ive reglued my jets and stratined the stock now its fine
10696276_1527088967553098_2418459521245931078_n.jpg

I'm not a fan of gardiner brushes , i found they wasn't up for the job like what your saying, vikin are really good brushes but god dam to heavy
A good brush I'm using is the xline brushes great on first clean and maintainace cleans

But gardiner scraper and slx bang on

Which xline brushes are u using... Is it mono?

I still want to use gardiner brushes but for first clean I was gonna try vikin but the weight of the brush is putting me off, if xline is lighter but similar cleaning power to vikin let me know which is best.

Dave

Which xline brushes are u using... Is it mono?
I still want to use gardiner brushes but for first clean I was gonna try vikin but the weight of the brush is putting me off, if xline is lighter but similar cleaning power to vikin let me know which is best.

Dave
Hi mate the vikin brushes are much stiffer than the light weight x line brushes i know that because we have both but i use vikin 90% of the time

Hi mate the vikin brushes are much stiffer than the light weight x line brushes i know that because we have both but i use vikin 90% of the time
How do you get on with vikin brush cleaning 3 stories high ?

I am getting the vikin brush ethier way and just use it for 1st clean.

I Should be ok, I into weigh lifting... /emoticons/biggrin.png

I have a vikan and an xline..both flocked

The vikan is best for first cleans and being flocked you would think it would be softer on the dirt with new jobs but it really does get it off..especially with virosol

I don't understand how any of you need such a heavy duty brush!?

In all the time I've been wfp, I've never needed anything more than Gardiner super light at the most,

I'm happy with Xtremes even!!

I've got two facelift brushes for sale if anyone wants them, they are EXACTLY the same as the xline ones that everyone bangs on about, just a different colour, but exactly the same brush, too heavy for me

A lot of people sometimes press too hard when WFP'ing, and in doing-so they're flattening the brush bristles against the glass, thinking that the harder they press the brush against the glass-the better the clean......while infact by doing that, the bristles have less cleaning ability.

Lighten the brush pressure against the glass a little and let the bristles do the work for you.

I have used vikin brushes for 7 years now i find them ok on 3 and 4 storey buildings,but they weigh more than twice the weight of the xtreme light brushes

Cheers afo, most of my work is normal houses but I got a few town houses, I use have 42ft cleantec pole many years ago with a heavy brush and cope just fine with it then.
Is this the type of vikan brush you use.. Link below

Vikan 11/29cm Square MonoFilament Brush - Fan Jet

There seem to be 5 or 6 different vikan brushes on cleaning spot website
Hi dave yes that is the brush i use but remember they come in different sizes

Latest Posts

Back