Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any way of convincing trad customers to step over to WFP?

Many of us on the forum have done this.

For me it was simple, I explained how WFP works to those that asked and offered a simple guarantee, if they weren't happy they didn't have to pay. Out of some 600 customers I lost two that were so stuck in their ways that it wouldn't matter what you offered they would have left anyhow.

Don't lose sleep over it, WFP really is the future of window cleaning (don't get me wrong trad skills will also retain their places for retail, internal etc) But WFP will eventually take the it's place as the most common form of window cleaning.

I just turned up and cracked on. If a customer was in I explained what I was doing and the benefits and I've had no resistance whatsoever. I've got some customers who haven't realised I've made the switch and I've not had any complaints so they must be happy.

You did it exactly how i did Neil

No resistance and happy customers once they see the quality of the job

I had that (once in a blue moon) woman last week i told you about where a vent dripped some muck on her front room window once i had left but that is my only complaint in nearly 5 months wfp now

Also she recommended me to her neighbour who came out when i went back and quickly bladed her window to get the spots off

So obviously doing a good job apart from the dripping vent and got aa new job from it

One complaint (if you can even call it a complaint) in five months isn't bad going at all. One customer I've had for about a year made me laugh the other day. I turned up at her door with my trolley and the look on her face was unbelievable. She'd never even heard of wfp. I explained what it was and then she stood chatting and watching as I did the front of the house. She thought it was great and could understand why i'd made the switch once I pointed out her slippery decking at the back of the house and the moss covered porch I used to climb on at the front of the house.

Going off-topic, is Courtney shutting up early on Monday Dave?

I have no idea mate

I will be there before 12 monday anyway as i will need to fill up

I asked him his Christmas hours on Wednesday and he said he won't know until Monday

He's had a sign up for the last week or so with two days that he was closing early. I'm almost certain that one of the days was yesterday but that didn't matter because I was away. I think the other day is Monday but can't remember.

I'm doing that town house you passed to me in cotswold drive monday morning

Easy job that one

I used to do the next door neighbour until she messed me about so that could be fun if i see her

If he closes early and I need water the harris pole and wagtail will be coming out

I'm doing that town house you passed to me in cotswold drive monday morningEasy job that one

I used to do the next door neighbour until she messed me about so that could be fun if i see her
I'm too scared to look and see what I've got on next week :tmi:

Probably wasn't the best idea from a business point of view but I'd do it again. There's more important things than work and enjoying a week with the kids and wife without any distractions is well worth it.

I was just wondering if anyone ever done this, and how they convinced the customers.
I told them that the frames will be done every time free of charge, I told them the windows will stay cleaner for longer, I told them that wfp is better for leadwork, and last of all I told them if they don't like it they can naff off /emoticons/wink.png

I told them that the frames will be done every time free of charge, I told them the windows will stay cleaner for longer, I told them that wfp is better for leadwork, and last of all I told them if they don't like it they can naff off /emoticons/wink.png
Hahaha ok thanks mate, and even if I keep 90 percent of my customers I would be satisfied because its such a pain in the ass tradding them, respect to my dad who's been doing them for over 30 years.

Back