Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whats that about!!??

David K

just got an email from a customer that have a shopfront which I clean trad every 14 days outside, never inside cleaning.

He told me that I've jumped the top window and didn't hope that it was to be a habit to do so ... "What are you talking about" I thought . :mad:

Then I kindly explained to the dear manager that the shop windows are about 50-60 years old , and they are DIRTY on the inside( maybe 5 years since or more ).o_O I could assure him of the fact coz I've noticed it myself every time. , now because of all the Christmas lighting he just got aware.

Bet you got these types too huh!? :hey:

While the customer is clearly a muppet it does highlight something that I've been doing since day one. If you have seen its dirty inside, why not tell him before he notices, and sort it? You get some extra money, but more importantly, the windows you've cleaned look like they've been cleaned. I don't like doing insides and neither do most on here, but if they are noticabley dirty then your windows will always look bad, which is reflection on you (whether you like it or not). If the customer refuses the clean, it might spur them on to do them themselves on the inside, or at least you will be able to defend yourself if someone questions your work.

I've even done the odd prominent window inside for free. I'm not suggesting anyone ever do that, but I have done it where the window is filthy inside and its on a main stretch where people will be judging me, so the 2 mins spent doing the inside shows the glass off like a giant billboard whilst I'm working.

While the customer is clearly a muppet it does highlight something that I've been doing since day one. If you have seen its dirty inside, why not tell him before he notices, and sort it? You get some extra money, but more importantly, the windows you've cleaned look like they've been cleaned. I don't like doing insides and neither do most on here, but if they are noticabley dirty then your windows will always look bad, which is reflection on you (whether you like it or not). If the customer refuses the clean, it might spur them on to do them themselves on the inside, or at least you will be able to defend yourself if someone questions your work.
I've even done the odd prominent window inside for free. I'm not suggesting anyone ever do that, but I have done it where the window is filthy inside and its on a main stretch where people will be judging me, so the 2 mins spent doing the inside shows the glass off like a giant billboard whilst I'm working.
You Got a good point there ! , I might just start to do that in the future.:thumbsup:

The other situation is really annoying .

I had a similar remark from a domestic custie, who said that she thought I didn't clean the bird **** off the patio door then realised it was on the inside, only said to me as a passing comment and don't think she was having a dig I've said to her a few times now that I would be happy to clean inside too but each time she has refused, think she's a bit embarrassed as the house is a tip inside

unless its great money ,id stop going there . in fact id make it my january mission to replace that shop

unless its great money ,id stop going there . in fact id make it my january mission to replace that shop
Im temptet but i Got the shop next door and in general a lot of stores within a very small area , so it Would be more annoying not have Them when i park my van illegally anyway

I do a Garage front and always do a single pained door free. Just because l hate to see greese finger prints all over it. But. the big windows inside I clean once a year. And do all outs regular and charge.

Back