Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Going full time in the new year!

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
So ive just printed my notice off for work, plan on finishing on the 31st december

Its been getting to the point where im starting to have lots of sick days off (to do other things)

Already had a written warning so im gonna go for it full time in the new year

I reckon i need to pick up another 300 quid of work in january before im above water but confident i can get it, reckon i can scrape by for about 6 months with what little savings i have

what they dont know at work is im also having next week off sick as ive got about 5 car valets booked in oops so might as well get them done then hand in the notice on friday when i go back..might get sacked before i quit but either way

scared to death but its driving me nuts going in for a 5 hour shift to make £35 when i could just canvass for 5 hours and pick that up

I know i can canvass, i know i can do this but im not going to do it whilst i can just say oh maybe tomorrow...i just need to put myself in the situation of not having a choice but to succeed, afterall we only get one life right.

Bring on 2016

Good luck with it mate. :thumbsup:

Only advice I will give on what you said is to do everything you can to keep your savings as things crop up all the time that catch you by surprise. I was advised when I started to always have at the very least enough to cover 3 months of bills, but the more the better.

its suprising how little food you will actually need . probably cut your spend by 50% and feel all the better for it

So ive just printed my notice off for work, plan on finishing on the 31st december
Its been getting to the point where im starting to have lots of sick days off (to do other things)

Already had a written warning so im gonna go for it full time in the new year

I reckon i need to pick up another 300 quid of work in january before im above water but confident i can get it, reckon i can scrape by for about 6 months with what little savings i have

what they dont know at work is im also having next week off sick as ive got about 5 car valets booked in oops so might as well get them done then hand in the notice on friday when i go back..might get sacked before i quit but either way

scared to death but its driving me nuts going in for a 5 hour shift to make £35 when i could just canvass for 5 hours and pick that up

I know i can canvass, i know i can do this but im not going to do it whilst i can just say oh maybe tomorrow...i just need to put myself in the situation of not having a choice but to succeed, afterall we only get one life right.

Bring on 2016
If you are good at the job and you have the determination and drive which it sounds you have then you will make it,

Fair play. I've been in your position. I was working a full time warehouse job and started on the windows part time in October last year. I handed my notice in and left my job in March (I was part time there and part time on the windows at that point). I've been on my own since March and have loved every minute of it. All the best :thumbsup:

I was there not long ago. Just knock them doors until you've enough work!

Good luck!!

On the food topic since i started taking better care of myself (and remember i only cook for 2) my food bill went from over £100 per week to about 30-35.

You're doing the right thing mate. Dont waste time lining their pockets when you can line your own.

Adam you're right not having the choice is the best motivation there is

if you have no choice but to canvass then you will soon get over your anxiety about it and get the job done

Good luck to you mate..not that you will need it with that attitude

Good luck mate. I was there myself, trying to get out of a s**t warehouse job whilst building the round up. I also left in the winter, worrying I wouldnt pick up new custies,but thankfully I was wrong. What I found difficult was being part time employed & part time self employed. However, once you make that jump, there's no way you'll ever go back. It's a great feeling, no more s**t. Congrats.

If you are willing to put the hours in and graft at the beginning you will not fail. I always found I worked harder and better with a little pressure.

Back