Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dog poo

Beccy

Lovely subject!

So there's this house I've been doing for about 18 months. It's always been a bit weird.... He only wants 2 of the downstairs windows done, one at the front and one at the back. The previous cleaner charged £8 so I said I'd do it for that without looking at it first. He always insists on paying £10 anyway.

The dog poo situation has always been pretty bad but doable if I'm careful. It's pretty gross and in the back garden it's always been walked in, especially on the back step and the back door is always open and you can see it all trodden through the house [emoji31]

So In went last week, armed with antibac wipes as always and it was even worse than usual. Honestly there wasn't a single route to get the the house without getting my feet and the hose covered. So I packed up and left.

Problem now is that he pays by monthly standing order so I need to get in touch and ask him to either sort his garden out or stop his standing order and let me know bank details to refund for last week's non-clean which I've just received payment for.

Either way I want to be tactful as he's a lovely guy and I suspect he's struggling with life in general.

How would you go about it?

Been in the boat, you just have to go knock and explain to him. Transference, from ground onto hose onto hands etc etc, just say you are really sorry but if not cleaned up you cant do it any more.

I have had at least 3 or 4 dog poo situations over the last 3 years, all of which seemed a bit embarrassed and apologetic and got it sorted.

We had one cancel on us for mentioning the dog poo, says she didn't need to pick it up in the winter as it doesn't smell in the winter. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Then one of the lads went on a first clean and called to complain about dog poo in the back yard, I told him quit crying and get it done, step around it. He said he couldn't, I was 5 minutes away so drove down there all annoyed, stormed round the back and nearly wretched, the yard was carpeted literally in dog poo, I told him forget it, next job. We never went back. :turd::turd::turd::turd::turd:

ask him to buy you a pair of wellys for xmas.after you've trod in all the dog :turd: leave them there until your next visit.:thumbsup:

I just crack on , buy the time you have stood there looking at it you could of done it and been away to next job

The Toxocara parasite lives in animal faeces and can cause blindness in young children. But adults can also suffer symptoms. Your health is not worth the risk, no matter how nice the customer is. If you are ill, who will look after your young one? Can you pass the parasite onto him accidentally?

We will not clean a house with poo in the garden now. (You can tell the gardens where animal poo is picked up - the occasional pile is no bother.)

We had a couple of problem customers to begin with when we got the round but dumped them shortly after. One started swearing and shouting at us for being stupid.

ask him to buy you a pair of wellys for xmas.after you've trod in all the dog :turd: leave them there until your next visit.[emoji106]
Haha, subtle! I love it!

I just crack on , buy the time you have stood there looking at it you could of done it and been away to next job
I don't think you're grasping how bad it is. I stood and looked for less than a minute.... If I'd cracked on and done the job I'd have spent a good 20 minutes trying to get my shoes and hose sanitary enough to go in the next garden.

The Toxocara parasite lives in animal faeces and can cause blindness in young children. But adults can also suffer symptoms. Your health is not worth the risk, no matter how nice the customer is. If you are ill, who will look after your young one? Can you pass the parasite onto him accidentally?
That's been on my mind too, especially as the only childcare I have is paid for.

I think I might write him a wee letter and stick a cheque in refunding him for the last clean, then it can be up to him to approach me to start again once he's sorted it out. Or not. Up to him.

The worst is when you have trodden it all up ya ladder doin trad. Especially a nice wet one in ya ol Doris"s back garden like to day.:envy:

And you never know you've done it until you come back down the ladder and put your hands in it

Horrible

I used to clean a bungalow with dog plop in the garden. Was a scruffy garden. Over grown grass. Washing machine in the front garden for years. Other rubbish as well including an arm chair. Anyway stood in some plop so I wiped my boot clean on his arm chair. They should clean up after their dog.

The worst is when you have trodden it all up ya ladder doin trad. Especially a nice wet one in ya ol Doris"s back garden like to day.:envy:
I did exactly that on the first week I started out. **** all over my trainers,up the ladder, on my hands, down the front of my hoody. I had the right hump and went back to my van to clean up. Managed to lock my keys in the back and had to walk two miles home covered in dog ****.

Wait till you get it on your hose Neil and have to wipe it all off after getting it everywhere

If you were walking down the street and saw a £10 note with a turd on the top I doubt you would pick it up. So why bother getting all your tools, hands, bike covered in it for such little money. If hes a nice guy then make a mention, but if there is no improvement the next clean then ditch.

This has just reminded me of the poodollar prank in the states. Check it out on youtube if you have an infantile sense of humour like me./emoticons/biggrin.png

Cancel him ! I've had these custys, back then I was tradding, got it on the ladder and boom !! Then totally decorated my workwear ! :turd::confused:

The other day I got something on my hose in the dark . When the daylight broke out I've noticed some chocolate on my seat edge..... It wasn't chocolate... /emoticons/angry.png( Btw my leg was covered too , can't describe the rage . :mad:

Wait till you get it on your hose Neil and have to wipe it all off after getting it everywhere
Happened today mate. I saw Beccy's post last night and thought how lucky I'd been avoiding the dog **** since switching to wfp. It must have cursed me. Not only dog **** but cat **** too.

It's almost worse !!!:confused:
I think it is worse. Dog **** stinks but cat **** smells worse. It was my bloody mother in laws house too. She hasn't got cats but it seems like the local feline population use her bark chippings as their toilet.

I think it is worse. Dog **** stinks but cat **** smells worse. It was my bloody mother in laws house too. She hasn't got cats but it seems like the local feline population use her bark chippings as their toilet.
Yikes!! Yeah that smell and it's almost like clay gettin off the boots :bangheadwall:

what a bunch of girls you lot are , tell you whats bad for you getting in a gun fight in the centre of Baghdad with over 20 soilders and its just you and you best mate takeing them on , think ill take my chanses with a bit of dog poop anyday after that wimps lol

Something worse than cat or dog s..t is chicken s..t. Got a custie with several chickens and dragged my hose through their s..t. Wound my hose in and my van stunk for 2 days. I got about 6 of them pine tree fresheners swinging about now. On the plus side she does give me eggs occasionally:thumbsup:

Latest Posts

Back